+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 212

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

  1. #11
    FORT Fogey TripleGemini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lynn, MA
    Posts
    1,980

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    i really enjoyed this show and added it to my list of shows to keep watching. Larry the Waste Management guy was pretty awesome. I would have liked to see some repercussions for the middle management though, like that Kevin jerk who was docking the employees 2 minutes pay for being 1 minute late even though Larry was pretty clear that that was not their company policy. You could tell when Larry was talking to him that he was super nervous about being busted on that.
    I think that Larry (as boss) sent the word out that lower management had to make sure that people were on time and only taking 30-minute lunch breaks. He didn't tell lower mgmt how they were supposed enforce it, and this guy developed this system. (It's obviously not a great system, but it could be that Kevin didn't know what else to do.)

    I was a bit surprised that in a company with 45,000 employees, "Randy" just happened to end up with a) a guy who'd been on dialysis for 20 years and maintained a good outlook, b) a guy who cleaned porta-potties and maintained a good outlook, c) a woman who was overworked, underpaid, and highly stressed (and who also had had some serious medical problems), and maintained a good outlook, and d) a woman who drove a trash truck and peed in a can, and maintained a good outlook. The woman at the recycling plant was the only one who didn't have a serious medical problem or any of the other issues (yet, other than the very valid complaint about the timecards, still maintained a good outlook). I enjoyed the show, but really?

    Of course, next week's show previews have already shown the luck of the draw to be a little different ;-)

  2. #12
    FORT Fanatic pfeifferdcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    So California
    Age
    44
    Posts
    582

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    I liked this show & will watch it again. Like you TripleGemini, I found it convienent the people they picked to also be on it, but they are still employees. I wonder if he actually went to more jobs & they edited down to these 4 people. Can't wait for the Hooters guy. Because really how is he going to justify that it's wrong to have the "games" when he runs an establishment like that?
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

  3. #13
    FORT Fogey Tiggerlgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    2,641

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3821856;
    I think that Larry (as boss) sent the word out that lower management had to make sure that people were on time and only taking 30-minute lunch breaks. He didn't tell lower mgmt how they were supposed enforce it, and this guy developed this system. (It's obviously not a great system, but it could be that Kevin didn't know what else to do.)

    I was a bit surprised that in a company with 45,000 employees, "Randy" just happened to end up with a) a guy who'd been on dialysis for 20 years and maintained a good outlook, b) a guy who cleaned porta-potties and maintained a good outlook, c) a woman who was overworked, underpaid, and highly stressed (and who also had had some serious medical problems), and maintained a good outlook, and d) a woman who drove a trash truck and peed in a can, and maintained a good outlook. The woman at the recycling plant was the only one who didn't have a serious medical problem or any of the other issues (yet, other than the very valid complaint about the timecards, still maintained a good outlook). I enjoyed the show, but really?

    Of course, next week's show previews have already shown the luck of the draw to be a little different ;-)
    I wonder if at the Exec meeting when he told them what he was going to do they gave him suggestions for each of their areas to visit.

  4. #14
    Kiz
    Kiz is offline
    FORT Fogey Kiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    926

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    I watched the show on line this morning, and, darn it, I knew I was being set up, but I couldn't help be shed a tear when Larry saw the relationship the garbage collector had formed with the young woman who had a learning disability, which, of course, brought to mind his own daughter. It was a sappy show in many ways, but sometimes it's nice to lose the cynicism and enjoy a little sap. I loved the porta-potty cleaner and was so happy that he's become an inspirational speaker at a hospitals(?) or something to that effect. I'd like to know how much time in advance the admin assist (etc) knew that she was inviting Larry and a camera crew to her house for dinner. Good thing it was a beans and franks night. She seemed very well deserving of her promotion and raise though.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

  5. #15
    Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,563

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    Just finished this earlier and I really enjoyed it. Larry/Randy was great and I loved how he took responsibility for his specific policy (productivity) that had hurt the people and promised to make it better. I admit, the end had me tearing up a bit. I'm glad to see that all of those people's lives had changed for the better after the show ended. Larry actually made me want to change trash companies-LOL. We season passed it and I'm looking forward to the next few episodes.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

    “I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

  6. #16
    FORT Fanatic pfeifferdcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    So California
    Age
    44
    Posts
    582

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    I think so many people liked this show because who doesn't have or had a boss that they thought was horrible? Or probably most people think that they executives are just blow hard jerks, making policies from their throne. This show puts faith back into the system that maybe there are good bosses out there & you could work for one.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

  7. #17
    Fool... but no pity. Krom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    21,565

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;3820543;
    I really liked this show! The boss saw what was going on within his company and made real changes.
    Well, at least he did "for TV".

    Honestly, its close to impossible to know what he would or wouldn't have done if cameras weren't following him around recording it all. He may have done the exact same thing, but I certainly don't want to assume it.

    "You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

  8. #18
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Ithaca, NY
    Posts
    1,369

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerlgh;3823072;
    I wonder if at the Exec meeting when he told them what he was going to do they gave him suggestions for each of their areas to visit.
    I thought that too - their asses were also on the line, and didn't want to have real downers complaining all the time with the CEO!

    I loved this show, but my DVR cut off because Superbowl coverage running long!! Where can I find this online, and what is the regular night broadcast?

  9. #19
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    866

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3827619;
    Where can I find this online, and what is the regular night broadcast?
    You can watch episodes on the CBS site. Show airs on Sunday at 9/8 C. HTH

  10. #20
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: Undercover Boss CBS

    The Hooters boss is on tonight.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.