+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4087754;
    Thanks.

I was totally turned off by all the praying, as well. And, especially when his "mansion" is contrasted with how poorly the employees are doing / struggling. While they had to take a 10% cut in pay, I know that he still received his bonus. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    I was hoping that at the end when all of the big shots were talking about the 10% cut that the CEO would say...we are taking a 10% cut from our salaries and giving it back to the employees. That would be the Christian thing to do!

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4086166;
    I watched last night. At least this CEO did what I thought the CEO's were going to do all along which was make adjustments to how things are done at the company as a whole instead of just addressing individual needs. He did that as well but the fact that he's looking at how to change that job where they do everything to be more effective and then giving back the raise that was lost was more interesting for me to watch than how the other CEO's were really handling this by giving individuals promotions or gifts.

That being said I probably will only watch this show intermittently.
    Yes, Frontier DID look at how to make things more effective, FOR THE COMPANY.

In Orange County, CA, Frontier was doing the same as they were in Oklahoma City, working both ticket counter and ramp. As the CEO mentioned it was not professional to come in from the ramp all sweaty to start working the tkt counter.
    SO they let all the Frontier employees go (most transfered to LAX) and outsourced the entire station to a company that already does ramp service for some of the other airlines there at that airport. I would imagine they did the same in Oklahoma City, let the Frontier employees go and out sourced to a cheaper company.

The bit with the CEO working as a flight attendant, FAKE! It is TOTALLY against FAA regs for anyone to act in that position without the proper training and badging. And NO that CEO did not have the training or he would have known how to board the flt and do the flt prep. Among many other things.

I do know that the CEO in this weeks episode came on board after the pay cut and the former CEO was let go before the 5% pay cut was offered.

But see that's the part of the show I was interested in from the get go. I do need the warm fuzzy story of the hard worker. I'm not watching the show to watch individuals get special gifts because they happened to sign on to be on tv or because they happened to be around the CEO while it's great and all I just am not that interested in seeing it.

What I want to see is how the tops of the companies make their businesses more efficient and better and where they see problems are on the bottom tiers of the company. reality is many CEO's are woefully unaware of how the changes they make are actually implemented and if they are actually effective. That's what I want to watch. I watch to watch company wide change. Not someone getting a vacation or a scholarship.

And yeah that sometimes means job loss or wage cuts or freezes. That is the real world. And in the real world the upper tiers of the organizational chart are going to get paid more than Joe Average line worker. It is what it is.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;4088153;
    But see that's the part of the show I was interested in from the get go. I do need the warm fuzzy story of the hard worker. I'm not watching the show to watch individuals get special gifts because they happened to sign on to be on tv or because they happened to be around the CEO while it's great and all I just am not that interested in seeing it.

What I want to see is how the tops of the companies make their businesses more efficient and better and where they see problems are on the bottom tiers of the company. reality is many CEO's are woefully unaware of how the changes they make are actually implemented and if they are actually effective. That's what I want to watch. I watch to watch company wide change. Not someone getting a vacation or a scholarship.
    I agree. I almost feel as though they've changed the tone of the show since it first aired after the Superbowl to make it more 'family friendly'. I liked the first episodes so much better than I'm liking these latest ones. I liked when the Hooters guy found out the girls weren't being treated well and confronted his manager -- because I'm sure things like that happen all the time to the girls! I like watching the CEO screw up and then having to be shown the correct way to do it while his 'instructor' is rolling his eyes and sighing -- because that's real life! Not to say that lots of these fantastic workers aren't out there b/c obviously they are but show me a variety of workers and not just the ones who are going to have a sappy story to tell the CEO. But I do love seeing changes that help people, like the change for women who work for Waste Management, help for DirecTV installers while they're out in the field, and trying to greatly shorten the check-in time at the Wolf hotels.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

The best Undercover Boss story to me was the 7 Eleven story. Off the chain and more believeable.

On another note, now I know why the planes are not cleaned properly. They only get 8 minutes to clean it. Wow and yuck at the same time. And I don't even want to go there with the cleaning up vomit segment!

I just saw this thread and I find it really interesting to hear about things that happen on the show versus what would be allowed in reality (like working as a flight attendant). I wish there was some sort of follow up that could be done 6 months/1 year down the line to see how much of what was proposed was actually followed through with.

Yikes. I have never seen an undercover boss struggle as much. It's a good thing manual labour isn't a prerequisite for being CEO.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;4095208;
    Yikes. I have never seen an undercover boss struggle as much. It's a good thing manual labour isn't a prerequisite for being CEO.
    I know, right? And wasn't it a hoot that he made a point of showing off his fork lift license during his big reveal -- as if we hadn't seen what seemed like 10 loooong minutes of his demonstrating that he had no idea how to actually operate one all the while ignoring the "boss" who was quite gently trying tell him what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4087148;
    Ugh, this Frontier episode has turned me off. If I wanted religion shoved down my throat, I'd go to church. I've always liked this show but if they put the focus on religion again, I'm done.
    I couldn't agree with you more. I don't watch this show, but I was currious to see how they handled an airline. Since most possitions for safety and security reasons shouldn't allow untraining idiots (IE CEO playing for TV).

Anyways I stopped watching when his religous preaching got to much... YIKES. Never flying frontier airline with him in charge.

Just watched the Lucky Strike episode. It was so emtional. I don't know how that guy gets anything done, he's crying all the time. I'm a sucker for all of these up-beat, positive stories. Of course the CEO wouldn't ever agree to do this show if it made their companies look bad (that's just bad business) I don't think I've made it through one show yet without my eyes welling up. Yeah, I know I'm a crybaby sucker. LOL That's ok because this is my over-processed, feel-good hour per week.
    The Frontier episode with all the religion was a huge turn off for me though. I'm all for don't ask, don't tell when it comes to religion lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread