+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

Hadn't watched the show in quite a while, but caught last night's episode.
    I actually really enjoyed it. I liked the female CEO a lot. She seemed like a lovely person.
    I agree with the poster upthread that with all the negativity out there, it's good to show some positive, even if it is on a reality show. For me, all reality is staged, but in this case it happened to work.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4076579;
    Hadn't watched the show in quite a while, but caught last night's episode.
    I actually really enjoyed it. I liked the female CEO a lot. She seemed like a lovely person.
    I agree with the poster upthread that with all the negativity out there, it's good to show some positive, even if it is on a reality show. For me, all reality is staged, but in this case it happened to work.
    I enjoyed the CEO also. Never said that she was not a "lovely person".

All companies have negative aspects. And all successful large companies have more positives then they do negatives.
    But the staged stories are the same in every episode. And the staged solutions are always the same.

Another thing, how can SO MANY people in SO many companies NOT know who their CEO is? Especially when the CEO is a woman.

I can't wait to see the Direct TV CEO next week. We dropped them last year due to horrible service. During one of many calls to customer service I asked the lady I was talking to for the name of the head of the company. The name she gave me was the president/CEO who had left the company almost a year before.

It's an entertaining show. But I lump it in the same category as the other "reality" shows. It's not reality. Everyone who goes on there has ulterior motives.

It is not a documentary.

That said, I like this show for entertainment and the fantasy that it's real. KWIM?

Didn't see this epi, though.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

I just watched the episode from tonight..Frontier(sp?) Airlines. This is the best one I have seen! I think this CEO really came out of this with real understanding and compassion.

I watched last night. At least this CEO did what I thought the CEO's were going to do all along which was make adjustments to how things are done at the company as a whole instead of just addressing individual needs. He did that as well but the fact that he's looking at how to change that job where they do everything to be more effective and then giving back the raise that was lost was more interesting for me to watch than how the other CEO's were really handling this by giving individuals promotions or gifts.

That being said I probably will only watch this show intermittently.

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Ugh, this Frontier episode has turned me off. If I wanted religion shoved down my throat, I'd go to church. I've always liked this show but if they put the focus on religion again, I'm done.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by run4cures;4076591;
    Another thing, how can SO MANY people in SO many companies NOT know who their CEO is? Especially when the CEO is a woman.
    I think if you are that low on the food chain, you don't know and/or care who your CEO is. Especially when the companies are huge!
    Honestly, I work for an automobile company is the same building as the CEO & if he was introduced to me as someone else, I wouldn't recognize him.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Something that really annoys me about this show is they show the house that these CEO's/Presidents live in at the beginning of the show... and then we hear the stories of the employees who are struggling and trying to make ends meet.

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4087148;
    Ugh, this Frontier episode has turned me off. If I wanted religion shoved down my throat, I'd go to church. I've always liked this show but if they put the focus on religion again, I'm done.
    Thanks.

I was totally turned off by all the praying, as well. And, especially when his "mansion" is contrasted with how poorly the employees are doing / struggling. While they had to take a 10% cut in pay, I know that he still received his bonus. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread