+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

The 1 800 Flowers episode was BLEH. I think this is my last episode. Too predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3874970;
    The 1 800 Flowers episode was BLEH. I think this is my last episode. Too predictable.
    Oh good, I am kinda done with this show. I missed last night. Watched the TUDORS instead. Glad to hear the epi was BLEH!
    KAREN

I thought the obvious rivalry between the brothers finally gave the show a different feel. I don't know where they find the people that the bosses work with but in any business I've been in, I've always worked with whiners and moaners.... I've never seen one on this show
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3875140;
    I thought the obvious rivalry between the brothers finally gave the show a different feel. I don't know where they find the people that the bosses work with but in any business I've been in, I've always worked with whiners and moaners.... I've never seen one on this show
    That's because there is a camera present. Most times anyone thinks there is a chance their ugly behavior will be caught on tape they put on a smile and turn on the charm. I like the show, but can see it getting a bit old after awhile. I can also see employees catching on by season 2. It would be nice if the CEOs would do this on a regular basis for their own knowledge and not just because they are making a tv show- I think they could learn a lot that way.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by candor;3868795;
    Darn, I like this show, but the formula is starting to wear thin. Every episode has the exact same format: noble/cheerful/hardworking employee teaches boss the ropes; they go on break and have a heart-to-heart conversation in which boss learns that employee has a super hard-luck story; boss gets choked up; everybody gets something nice at the end (OK, I like that part).

But I do hope they change things up a bit or the series will get boring really fast.
    ITA

I really liked this show at first, but it's getting boring now. They need to change it up to keep it interesting.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Last night's episode was pretty boring. There weren't really any interesting story lines and nobody had that big of a personality to keep my attention.
    Wake up and be awesome

I have to admit, there have been a few that have been good, such as the Hooters one, the horse racing and the one on the shows around America (forgot the company). Those are three that have a lot of stereotypes, misinformation and flat out lies thrown at them all the time because people don't know what really goes into the work. They think that at these amusement parks the people just do it for a paycheck - and while that's true some cases, there are those of us who did it when they were older (my case it was a few years ago at 28 and have a full time job now), had a blast and it actually taught me that I could have a life beyond work and that work was fun.

Hooters of course I liked they brought it in for the obvious reasons - to show more than what we normally think of the show, and as far as the derby... well, all I'll say is that I didn't see PETA bashing the filming of the show, so that says a lot. (Then again, I guess they're hoping that the show will cover them... why I wouldn't know because they're an NFP, not a business *shrugs* )

Kiz

The two flower brothers got on my nerves. Good grief, time to put old sibling rivalries to rest. Maybe they were playing it up for the camera, but with their gray hair, the back and forth bickering was just plain silly.

All in all, I do enjoy the show, formula driven or not. With all the negative television today, it's refreshing to see the good side of people. My favorite of the season was the amusement park show. The "boss" on that show seemed to really have a good heart.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz;3875963;
    The two flower brothers got on my nerves. Good grief, time to put old sibling rivalries to rest. Maybe they were playing it up for the camera, but with their gray hair, the back and forth bickering was just plain silly.

All in all, I do enjoy the show, formula driven or not. With all the negative television today, it's refreshing to see the good side of people. My favorite of the season was the amusement park show. The "boss" on that show seemed to really have a good heart.

That's quite a lovely way to put it!

Have to confess that I've been watching CA, so I havent caught this show in a while.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3875183;
    ITA

I really liked this show at first, but it's getting boring now. They need to change it up to keep it interesting.
    WOW! New shows. SAME stories.

Did anyone see lasts night episode:

"Great Wolf Resorts" - Kim Schaefer, CEO of Great Wolf Resorts, North America's largest family of indoor waterpark resorts, struggles to keep pace working in an aquatic center that can hold nearly 3,000 guests at anytime, and is forced to get her hands dirty when she has to respond to a call no waterpark employee wants to receive, on UNDERCOVER BOSS.

Not to sound cold hearted but EVERY episode has an employee with an unemployed spouse and a HUGE financial "commitment" such as a child going away to college. (Sorry but a college age "child" is old enough to understand "Daddy no longer works so you cannot go away to college.)

And EVERY episode has an employee that has lost a child and continues to work through their pain.

Again I DO NOT want to sound cold hearted but THOUSANDS of people have lost a child and continue to live their daily lives IN PAIN.

Lasts night episode, especially, I totally called BS. Total FAKE. If anyone did watch, did you notice when they showed the motel scenes?

The reflections in the bathroom mirror showed that she did NOT have any type of toiletries on the counter top and NO clothing or luggage of any kind in the vanity/dressing area.

Sorry. Made up show.

Oh and FWIW, if an "A.F.R" (feces) happens in REAL life, the pool is closed and possibly drained or at least heavily chlorinated for several days.

+ Reply to Thread