+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

FORT Newbie

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

I missed the show, but saw the commercials. If the woman knew she was being taped why would she behave that way? Did she believe that no one would ever see the tape?

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3859981;
    Let's see...the first woman who was showing him how to load the trucks was given a full time job with benefits, he gave the call center guy with the really calm demeanor $10,000 to put towards his wedding, the woman who packed the boxes got $5000 for her kids' football leagues, the black guy got $1000 to spend on his little girl for Christmas and was put in a management program to become a supervisor. As for the girl at the call center-once she realized who he was, she started spouting out a whole bunch of lines about how she wasn't usually that way and the call had actually really bothered her a lot after it was over and how anything she could do to make it better, she would. He verbally ripped her to shreds then ordered her into a retraining program. At the end of the show it said that while she had gone through retraining, she was no longer with the company. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether she quit or was fired.
    thanks so much for the update - glad he helped out the guy at the call center - i was moved by his story - also happy for the others - each of them had interesting stories and did their job well, had fun with it and didn't freak out when Gary wasn't catching on - instead they encouraged him - - and i am glad he did something about the girl at the call center -RUDE! lol
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Quote Originally Posted by lcmamom;3860005;
    I missed the show, but saw the commercials. If the woman knew she was being taped why would she behave that way? Did she believe that no one would ever see the tape?
    supposedly they don't know they are being filmed - so she just did what she normally does i guess -and well - the boss happened to be watching this go round -
    Don't let the fear of striking out hold you back. -Babe Ruth
    I know right from wrong... wrong is the fun one

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by firechica;3860422;
    supposedly they don't know they are being filmed - so she just did what she normally does i guess -and well - the boss happened to be watching this go round -

They know they're being filmed but under the pretense that it's a documentary about entry level workers.

------------------------

That was another very enjoyable episode. I was happy with the way the CEO rewarded everyone at the end. Too bad about the call center woman, but it didn't seem like she had the patience for that kind of work. I'm not sure I would either either..lol
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Sunday, March 28th.

Herschend Family Entertainment

I had never heard of this corporation.
    KAREN

Last night was the first time I watched this show. I really enjoyed it. Has it been this good each week? I should go back and read from the begining of this thread to update myself.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel;3865192;
    Last night was the first time I watched this show. I really enjoyed it. Has it been this good each week? I should go back and read from the begining of this thread to update myself.
    Yes, it really is a great show!!!
    KAREN

FORT Fan

Love Stone Mountain. I live about ten miles from there right now and we'll get a group of friends together to go to the laser show a couple times a year. Super fun-we'll bring frisbees and picnic dinners and then a bunch of blankets to wrap up in when the sun goes down and the show starts. Real great little park-it was such a pleasure to see it on the show, and I might have to do one of those duck tours now!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3865937;
    Yes, it really is a great show!!!
    Thanks momrek06 I read the whole thread and got the jist of things. I think I'm really going to enjoy this.

BTW I love Hooters, I don't care what the girls look like, I'd go to any Hooters any day of the week for some of those buffalo shrimp! and of course the wings, and not to mention the salads!! We are not fortunate enough to have one around my area, but I'll be vacationing in FT Myers Beach in May, there's a Hooters on the beach and I'll sure be visiting!

Darn, I like this show, but the formula is starting to wear thin. Every episode has the exact same format: noble/cheerful/hardworking employee teaches boss the ropes; they go on break and have a heart-to-heart conversation in which boss learns that employee has a super hard-luck story; boss gets choked up; everybody gets something nice at the end (OK, I like that part).

But I do hope they change things up a bit or the series will get boring really fast.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread