+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Undercover Boss CBS

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Undercover Boss CBS

Quote Originally Posted by FranSeaLou;3832795;
    I always figured the equivalent of Hooters would be a restaurant called "Peckers."
    Right down the street from the Hooters in Ocean City, MD is a restaurant called Big Peckers. Of course it has a big rooster as its mascot and it doesn't represent what you THINK it would represent. I just find it a funny name for a family establishment

I really like the show but I found the relationship with the CEO from Hooters and his deceased father odd. I found him cocky and not as willing to make changes as Larry from Waste Management.

I would actually like some CEO's to stumble upon the lazy worker or the habitually late or insubordinate worker and whoop some a$$. The demise of a company is not always its management.

FORT Fan

The hooters one was the only one I watched and I probably won't watch again. I was looking for organizational change. Or changes and that would affect a greater number of people than sending a manager on vacation, putting some waitresses in print ads, walking around a plant and slapping another manager on the wrist basically. What change did he actually do? Nothing. And what new information did he learn?
    You might want to give it one more chance. The Waste Management episode was more in the vein of what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;3833928;
    I really like the show but I found the relationship with the CEO from Hooters and his deceased father odd.
    When I saw the pictures of the old man, I kind of got creeped out that old fart came up with the Hooters business plan. Ick!

Quote Originally Posted by FranSeaLou;3833939;
    When I saw the pictures of the old man, I kind of got creeped out that old fart came up with the Hooters business plan. Ick!
    He was 47 in 1984 when he and a group of investors bought the expansion and franchise rights to Hooters, hardly an "old fart." He actually did not come up with the business plan. A group of six friends started the business in 1983.
    Hooters of America, Inc. -- Company History

Tonight we see the boss of 7-Eleven go undercover.

what a fritter mess!

it's funny - 2 stores on Long Island (NY) so far.

I like him so far.
    Last edited by marybethp; 02-21-2010 at 09:24 PM.

wow - another Long Island store - must be the fact that there's a ton of 7-11's there. I wish he would have come to my 7-11!! The guys there are so nice.

Kiz

I really enjoyed the 7-11 show, although I bought coffee at 7-11 this morning and the lady making the coffee hardly nodded at me let alone gave me a hug or a punch. (lol) The 7-11 CEO could give the Hooters' CEO lessons in management and probably life in general. If not for nepotism, the Hooters guy would be lucky to hold an hourly position with the company.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

First time I saw this show.
    Yeah, it's highly calculated and seems pretty scripted in some spots, but I really enjoyed it. And, I was amazed to see all the diverse people on the episode. Where I live, all the 7 11 staff looks exactly the same. Good to see it's different in different parts of the country.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

When the end credits stated Igor was given his own 7-Eleven store, they didn't mention that 7-Eleven waived all of the franchise startup costs/initial investment, which is huge! I saw a couple of the 'Undercover Bosses' on Oprah a few weeks ago, and they also had some of the employees on that were also featured. That's when they presented Igor with his own store. He was so shocked.

I agree that this show is somewhat calculated, but it's fun to watch.

+ Reply to Thread