+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

Re: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

Yeah...I love how in the first scene they were saying "f him" while feeding him plates full of slop. :/

At the end, they were all weepy and huggy. I wonder what goes through Chef Ramsay's mind at that time.

Tonight is a repeat from '08. Sabatiello's in Stamford CT. I found this interesting. It confirms what we have always suspected.

Kitchen Nightmares at Sabatiello's Stamford - Food Media and News - Chowhound
    Kitchen Nightmares at Sabatiello's Stamford

Just want to make sure the CT foodies have heard that Gordon Ramsay's kitchen show is in the middle of shooting at Sabatiello's on Bedford St. in Stamford. On Tues and Wed diners get to eat Gordon's creations. I guess Sunday and Monday were the "before" dishes. I'm somewhat horrified that a restaurant would admit they need help that badly, but maybe the publicity is a good thing.

Saw the ad on Craigslist for diners but they are all booked now

Yay! I'm going tonight with 2 friends. So glad I don't have to eat the "before" dishes! No wonder the Sunday & Monday diners got a $20 credit towards their meals.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3868806;
    Tonight is a repeat from '08. Sabatiello's in Stamford CT. I found this interesting. It confirms what we have always suspected.

Kitchen Nightmares at Sabatiello's Stamford - Food Media and News - Chowhound
    Interesting....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Looks like he is totally out of business now also. Even the pizza place he opened after this place closed and the more I read, the more it seems like he is a con man.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3816721;
    IMO, Estelle is more than stuck in her ways. She is one mean lady (the way she treats staff and customers). And she wants things her way - or she'll sabotage other efforts. If that restaurant is to have a chance, Estelle needs to go.

This show is an interesting study of human nature. Restaurant owners are failing, so they call Ramsay for help. Most of them are incredulous when Ramsay points out the problems, and insist that their food is good, the service is great, etc. It's as if they're expecting Ramsay to say, your food is great, the decor's wonderful...I don't know why you're not a success. Yet, that would mean the situation is hopeless.

I was glad to see that the kitchens in the last two episodes didn't have cleanliness issues.
    Adele was so nasty! When one male customer asked for his dish to be cooked more thoroughly she snatched the plate out of his hands and whispered "Bastard!" and she walked away! Sheesh! If you have such horrible hostility towards your *customers* you do not belong in the restaurant business! She was contrary to everything Chef Ramsay proposed!

Quote Originally Posted by netrek;3909541;
    Adele was so nasty! When one male customer asked for his dish to be cooked more thoroughly she snatched the plate out of his hands and whispered "Bastard!" and she walked away!
    That's the moment the customer should have stood up, walked out, got in their car, and peeled rubber escaping that place.

I'm not sure if I remember this guy or not.

'Kitchen Nightmares' Chef Found Dead, Likely Suicide | TheWrap.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;4071506;
    I'm not sure if I remember this guy or not.

'Kitchen Nightmares' Chef Found Dead, Likely Suicide | TheWrap.com
    I vaguely remember the episode....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I remember this episode and I really feel for the wife and three kids he left behind and the rest of his family who not only have to bury him but have to clean up the financial and emotional mess he left behind.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

OMG, I can't remember what channel, but they are airing repeats and I've been binging on it. Holy crap some of those kitchens are disgusting!!!! Does anyone know if there is going to be a new season?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread