+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

Re: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

So now they will have Perla in charge of catering and another head chef in charge of the restaurant, separating out the two sides of the business? I don't understand how that can work. Wouldn't Mama Rita's customers who eat at the restaurant expect to get the same Mama Rita's fresh restaurant food when they place catering orders? I guess now you can go to the reatuarant for fresh food after the revamp, but if you place a catering order you'll get old frozen stuff re-heated? Ew.... I must be missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3859929;
    So now they will have Perla in charge of catering and another head chef in charge of the restaurant, separating out the two sides of the business? I don't understand how that can work. Wouldn't Mama Rita's customers who eat at the restaurant expect to get the same Mama Rita's fresh restaurant food when they place catering orders? I guess now you can go to the reatuarant for fresh food after the revamp, but if you place a catering order you'll get old frozen stuff re-heated? Ew.... I must be missing something.
    That was my thought exactly. Why would I want to have old frozen reheated catered? I don't think Perla could handle doing fresh catered, can you imagine her trying to get out 100 FRESH items at one time. I say if they want to keep her, to get her into some type of training. I bet if the bottom line needs to be cut, it would be the restaurant chef.

It's on tonight...

We were appalled too. I told hubby it must be because the area is big enough she doesn't have to rely on repeat business. Also, some catered jobs are business meetings and people don't really expect to 'eat' at those things anyway, it's usually more about drinks. If the food is bad no one wants to be seen as a complainer/whiner, so they just leave it uneaten.

Year old food is not only gross it's dangerous. Laura wasn't nearly shocked or appalled enough when her former customers told her they'd all gotten ill.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3853963;
    What's going on here? I checked the web site for LeBistro and they have won all kinds of awards.

Last night he visited Casa Roma which advertised it was established in 1958, and Ramsey said it would celebrate it's 50th anniversary that year - that means the show was taped in 2008???
    At the very beginning of this epi, I saw a calendar on the wall and it said MARCH 2008! YUP, these shows are all 2 years old. How odd.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3863226;
    At the very beginning of this epi, I saw a calendar on the wall and it said MARCH 2008! YUP, these shows are all 2 years old. How odd.
    Ahhh. So that restaurant that got all the awards, maybe that happened right AFTER the episode was filmed and it was only shown about two years later?

That is odd. I wonder why some are in the can for so long. Maybe legal issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3863287;
    Ahhh. So that restaurant that got all the awards, maybe that happened right AFTER the episode was filmed and it was only shown about two years later?

That is odd. I wonder why some are in the can for so long. Maybe legal issues?

I dvr all my Kitchen Nightmares and watched Mama Rita's tonight ... and the frozen food coming out of the walk-in was dated July '09 ... and Chef R saw the dates and exclaimed the food was six months old ... so now I am guessing Mama Rita's was filmed in Jan 2010.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3863429;
    I dvr all my Kitchen Nightmares and watched Mama Rita's tonight ... and the frozen food coming out of the walk-in was dated July '09 ... and Chef R saw the dates and exclaimed the food was six months old ... so now I am guessing Mama Rita's was filmed in Jan 2010.
    So they are jumping around in years in one season? Weird.

So, did anyone watch the recent episode, with CeCe?

She seemed to burst into tears every two seconds. Wonder what's going on there?

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3865827;
    So, did anyone watch the recent episode, with CeCe?

She seemed to burst into tears every two seconds. Wonder what's going on there?
    Ya, another one, TOTAL DRAMA QUEEN. These people, they call on the Chef to help them, yet they just are so rude. And as usual, the Chef turned the place around and she and her Dad were finally appreciative of all that the Chef brought to the restaurant.
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread