+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

Re: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

It looks like Ramsay is up against a clone tonight.

LOL Yes, Unklescott! The chef is a Ramsey clone.

It's no surprise his business is in the crapper when you you fail to listen to your clientele. He needs to quit taking it so personal. Why would you ask Ramsay to come help then blow him off like that?

This is uncomfortable.

I feel for his wife. This is a very abusive relationship.

It seems the place is still doing well.. but why is it that the places Ramsey visits fold so quickly?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3853165;
    It seems the place is still doing well.. but why is it that the places Ramsey visits fold so quickly?
    Because Ramsay is the one with the talent. If it was easy to make a restaurant work, than noone would get rich and famous like him for doing it. These people do not have the skill, organization, and now contacts to make it work like he does. The only reason they look like they are doing well, is because they are doing it his way with him watching. Once he is gone, I am sure it does not take long to get back to old ways again.

If only owners of restaurants would realize that you are only as good as the way you make your customers feel. Food is important obviously, but if your food is good, but your staff is nasty, or the place is dirty, or the boss is screaming a lot will not go back. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a waitress is not friendly. It makes the whole outing bad, and I hate spending my money for bad experiences.

Note to the owner steak cooking is a huge personal preference, and if he is going to cook steak, he better get used to that. There is no way I could have eaten any of that raw steak he was passing off as medium rare, that was raw period.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3853100;
    Why would you ask Ramsay to come help then blow him off like that?
    Dunno but they always do! Must be why they are in the toilet to begin with. They have more ego than sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3853083;
    It looks like Ramsay is up against a clone tonight.
    I don't get the jerk vibe from Ramsay. I think he really has a passion for what he does, and he hates seeing stupid people doing stupid things and expecting the results he has gotten for doing hard work. I think they amped up his personality when his shows came to America, and I really think this guy was a jerk period. Ramsay is a little obnoxious at times, but I do not think he is a jerk just really passionate about his cooking and restaurant business.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Maybe these places fold after Ramsey leaves because the show makes them look like such jerks that people won't go there. I would never go to the restaurant featured last night because the cook is such an ass. I wouldn't want to give him my business.

+ Reply to Thread