+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

Re: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3817154;
    OK, here goes, I am going to say it....ADELE WAS A BRAT! PERIOD! A SPOILED NASTY BRAT! I don't care how old she is.....she has ISSUES!
    The whole family was messed up! Even the father, nice guy, but put your foot down already!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

We were all saying that because of Adele's attitude and personality we'd never want to go to their restaurant, despite Ramsey's input into the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;3817443;
    We were all saying that because of Adele's attitude and personality we'd never want to go to their restaurant, despite Ramsey's input into the menu.
    Well as I said, reviews of the place have been pretty low. I seem to remember "rudeness" being a word thrown about.

And Flamango's decor nauseated me. As would the food!

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3817471;
    Well as I said, reviews of the place have been pretty low. I seem to remember "rudeness" being a word thrown about.

And Flamango's decor nauseated me. As would the food!
    Can you imagine having CHEF Gordon Ramsey with 12 MICHELIN STARS come to your FAILING (horrifically decorated) restaurant and treat his expertise the way Adele treated him .....she had to have watched this last night and been embarassed by her actions.
    KAREN

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Excellent point. Ramsay set the restaurant up to be the local hangout. But people aren't going to like the atmosphere. Adele's just plain toxic. Her interactions with the staff affects the staff's moods, and I'm sure customers must overhear some of her admonitions.

My husband and I once ate at a local restaurant. It was a small place, run by a husband and wife. We loved the decor and the food was good, but the husband and wife were bickering the whole time we were there. [If I want bickering, I'll stay home, thank you!] It made the whole experience unpleasant. We've never been back.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3818003;
    Excellent point. Ramsay set the restaurant up to be the local hangout. But people aren't going to like the atmosphere. Adele's just plain toxic. Her interactions with the staff affects the staff's moods, and I'm sure customers must overhear some of her admonitions.

My husband and I once ate at a local restaurant. It was a small place, run by a husband and wife. We loved the decor and the food was good, but the husband and wife were bickering the whole time we were there. [If I want bickering, I'll stay home, thank you!] It made the whole experience unpleasant. We've never been back.
    We had a place like that too. I didn't experience it, but some others heard the owner berating an employee. They stopped going back, they spread the word and the place closed after a few years of pretty good business. Word gets around.

I wanted to mention one thing I noticed while watching the other night.....when the Chef took the staff all in to see the new DECOR (as he calls it) ADELE's expression on her face was sheer thrill...she was smiling from ear to ear.....it was after she started to go on and on how she HATES the new decor, I rewound my DVR and sure enough she was ALL SMILES as everyone enter "The Junction".

SHE IS JUST ONE BIG PHONY!
    KAREN

A new season and I'm missing it? We love GRrrr around here.

We can never believe how people treat him, either. For gosh sake his help must be worth a pretty penny, and so many people on this show sneer at it. But I guess that sort of attitude is partly why their businesses are in the dumpster in the first place.

Exactly! This was the most annoying Kitchen Nightmares I have every seen. Why? One word – ADELE. I watched about 15 minutes, hit the remote, then turned on about a half hr. later thinking it had to get better. Nope. I’m not saying every restaurant owner has to love everything GR does, but sheesh. The woman was just negative for the sake of being negative. She hated everything, even though it was a vast improvement over that house of horrors she had before the redo. I would not spend one dime in that restaurant even if I was stranded and starving right in front of it. Why? Because of Adele. That’s some PR campaign she has going.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3816571;
    I read some reviews on the newly madeover Junction, and they weren't very good. Sounds like Estelle probably got her way.
    I went to The Junction with a group of people from work last July, only a f ew months after the makeover & was underwhelmed with the decor & food -- except for those fried pickles, which were pretty good but a really small portion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast