+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

Re: Kitchen Nightmares - Fox

I tried to check their web site, but it seems to be down at the moment. The show was obviously filmed months ago. Hope things are still ok with them.
    They're overquota, which to me means that they got a huge number of hits after Kitchen Nightmares aired. Google's cache shows that the site was still working as of 25 Jan.

If their webhost resets on the first of the month (most do), the site should be available again tomorrow morning.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I was really impressed with Danielle. Has another chef/cook on Kitchen Nightmares ever gotten all the food out without getting backed up and having numerous plates get sent back to the kitchen because items are raw? I know it was awful food at first, but that didn't look to be Danielle's fault. She knew the portions were too big - but her aunts wanted them big. The recipe she came up with sounded really good.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Edited to add: The website is up now.

Another new episode tonight.

FOX Broadcasting Company: Kitchen Nightmares

Flamangos in Whitehouse Station, NJ

When Chef Ramsay visits Flamangos in Whitehouse Station, NJ, he feels like he's stepped back in time and into the rainforest. This family-run restaurant is in desperate need of a total overhaul, and with one of the owners stuck in the past and resistant to change, it's nearly impossible for Ramsay to make any improvements. After working with the employees on new decor, a new menu and even a new name, the owner remains skeptical and decides it might be best just to shut their doors forever. Will Chef Ramsay be able to change the owners' minds and help them turn their restaurant around, or will they just throw in the towel?

Wow, Estelle is really stuck in her ways. I just want to reach through the screen and smack some sense into her. She doesn't want to run a restaurant Ramsey's way? What? Profitable? I think it is time for her to retire and let the daughter run it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I read some reviews on the newly madeover Junction, and they weren't very good. Sounds like Estelle probably got her way.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3816356;
    Wow, Estelle is really stuck in her ways. I just want to reach through the screen and smack some sense into her. She doesn't want to run a restaurant Ramsey's way? What? Profitable? I think it is time for her to retire and let the daughter run it.
    IMO, Estelle is more than stuck in her ways. She is one mean lady (the way she treats staff and customers). And she wants things her way - or she'll sabotage other efforts. If that restaurant is to have a chance, Estelle needs to go.

This show is an interesting study of human nature. Restaurant owners are failing, so they call Ramsay for help. Most of them are incredulous when Ramsay points out the problems, and insist that their food is good, the service is great, etc. It's as if they're expecting Ramsay to say, your food is great, the decor's wonderful...I don't know why you're not a success. Yet, that would mean the situation is hopeless.

I was glad to see that the kitchens in the last two episodes didn't have cleanliness issues.

FORT Fanatic

On last night's show, Chef Ramsey hated the restaurant's decor so much that he called the local fire department had them burn the stuff out in the yard. In the promos, it implied the restaurant caught on fire - not true.

I just read an article from a New Jersey paper about this Friday's show. The owner says he was kept waiting for hours off-site, only to be led into his new kitchen just before the start of service with a new menu and 100 customers in the dining room.

He had no personal time off-camera with Chef Ramsey. They spoke only when the camers were trained on them. He said the show had them asking leading questions as though to create controversy. Due to contract regs, they could not talk with other restaurant owners who had already been featured on the series.

The owner says he probably comes out as very inexperienced, which he is not. As long as it helps his business, he is willing to call the show a success.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;3816721;
    I was glad to see that the kitchens in the last two episodes didn't have cleanliness issues.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

OK, here goes, I am going to say it....ADELE WAS A BRAT! PERIOD! A SPOILED NASTY BRAT! I don't care how old she is.....she has ISSUES!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread