+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kell on Earth

FORT Fogey

Kell on Earth

I didn't see a thread created for this (but if there's already one, I apologize in advance). I saw the previews, and can't wait to watch. I love Kelly Cutrone, even though I'm sure she'd make me cry, if I worked with her. The show is supposed to air in February on Bravo.

Bravo

Kell on Earth Season 1

Get a behind the scenes look at the high-powered and fast-paced world of fashion PR when Bravo debuts its newest series "Kell on Earth," featuring public relations guru Kelly Cutrone. Cutrone has been called one of the "coolest, most intimidating persons ever," and, judging from her frank demeanor and fashion world credibility, it's easy to see why. Bravo takes a no holds barred look into the life of one of America's most legitimate tastemakers as she balances running her wildly successful fashion PR company, People's Revolution, juggling Fashion Weeks in New York and London, with being a single mother and one of New York's most notable women about town. "Kell on Earth" is produced by the Emmy-nominated Magical Elves for Bravo. Magical Elves partners Jane Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth serve as executive producers along with Billy Taylor, Casey Kriley and Kelly Cutrone
    NY Daily News

People's Revolution founder Kelly Cutrone gets own show 'Kell on Earth' on Bravo
    Monday, January 4th 2010, 11:46 PM

MTV is going to have to learn how to share: Bravo has snagged uber-publicist Kelly Cutrone for its spring reality TV lineup.

"Kell on Earth," premiering next month, will feature Cutrone and her NYC-based fashion company, People's Revolution, which has become a main story line on MTV's "The City" over the past two seasons.

We hear from an industry insider that it's great news for Bravo, but dismal for MTV.

"Kelly was a huge draw for 'The City,' and it may suffer with her splitting her time between the shows," says the source, adding that the two networks are in talks to eliminate overlaps between the programs.

But Cutrone insists she can do it all.

"Look at Tyra Banks and Ryan Seacrest," she says of being on more than one network, before hinting that viewers may see even more of her on the small screen. "There might be other shows I would like to be on [with MTV] in the future, so I want to continue working with them."

Still, Cutrone concedes that MTV did not approach her about doing her own spinoff.

"I've never talked to MTV about [that]," she explained, "so it's not like I turned my back on them or anything."

But if her loyalty lies with her first network, why would Bravo try to bring her on board?

"I don't know!" Cutrone laughs. "But they knew I had a relationship with MTV. If they thought that would be a problem, they wouldn't have asked in the first place."

Let's hope the networks can play nice, especially since both will be filming segments in her Grand St. office.

"There are four floors," Kelly laughs, revealing that MTV will shoot her with fellow "City" cast members Whitney Port and Roxy Olin downstairs.

Meanwhile, "Kell on Earth," which will focus more on her life as a single working mom, will stick to her private office. Bravo will also get a peek at her life at home with 8-year-old daughter Ava.

"The cameras really aren't a distraction," Cutrone says. "In fact, I think it makes me better at my job."

FORT Fogey

Re: Kell on Earth

I feel like I have seen too many shows about this sort of thing. I will watch it though! I enjoy shows like these! lol! The commercials make the show look pretty good!

OMG, daiseyo, thanks for posting this....I saw a 5 sec ad the other day for her new show.

I'M IN!!!
    KAREN

Kell on Earth

Kelly Coutrone from MTV's "The Hills" and "The City" has gotten her own show. She was a great character on The Hills, and is the best character on The City, so I'm really looking forward to this show. She's even wearing makeup in the promo on the show's website, never seen her wear makeup before.

Blogs - The Dish - Welcome to "Kell on Earth" | Bravo TV Official Site
    Kell on Earth Season 1 | Bravo TV Official Site
    "I bet that a lot of people are b!ithing right now and they don't want me to be here but....I'm here to crush dreams! What can I say?"
    ----Janelle after winning 3rd HOH out of 6 possible

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Very cool. As a relatively new watcher of The City, I, frankly, wasn't much interested in Kelly, and was surprised to hear she is getting her own show. But, wow! After seeing the promo videos, I'm hooked. She's far more edgy and interesting than I realized (my bad for not noticing) and now I can't wait to see the show. Go Kelly!

FORT Fogey

Can't wait for the premiere on February 1st at 10pm - love some Kelly snark.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3810090;
    Can't wait for the premiere on February 1st at 10pm - love some Kelly snark.
    Perfectly said.
    KAREN

Did anyone watch??

I really liked the show!!! Kelly is just so driven!!! I think I could work for her, I really do!!! I love a challenge!!!
    KAREN

I watched. I'm not sure if I liked it or not, so I'll keep watching until I decide. I think I'm on reality overload.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Wonder why Kell puts up with Ashley Dupre as a "friend" - Dupre told Kell she thought she'd just go ahead and show up (and again humiliate Kell) at the next runway show; then when Kell said OH NO, Dupre had that slack-jaw blank stare, as if she had no idea she'd be unwelcome. I think Dupre is nasty mean.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast