+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Kell on Earth

FORT Fogey

Re: Kell on Earth

The senior staff gets on my nerves. You cannot inexperienced kids and expect them to be able to do everything especially if you don't take the time to train them. These people keep hiring clueless people and depending on interns. And the minute they finally hire someone who is qualified, they fire her for using twitter! I think they are making things harder for themselves. Plus, they are really abusing their employees. That's not the way to treat people you depend on. Anyway, Kelly is really not that mean. She is a softy but just don't come between Kelly and her money!

Just happened to flip on Bravo and caught a bit of this.
    I'd never heard of Kelly before.
    Sorry, but I find it difficult to watch a show where every other sentence is, "you know" and "like" and I'm tired of shows that treat employrees like slaves. That's just not right. People should never be abused in the workplace.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3841766;
    And the minute they finally hire someone who is qualified, they fire her for using twitter!
    I think they (rightfully) suspected she was more interested in being on tv than working for People's Revolution. Who would twitter minute by minute details of an interview you have? "On my way to see so and so for my interview." "All of the camera crews are here!" "I just know I nailed this!" "I just found out I"m going to be PART OF THE CAST!" etc. etc. etc. I think it was the right decision to rescind the job offer.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3841777;
    Just happened to flip on Bravo and caught a bit of this.
    I'd never heard of Kelly before.
    Sorry, but I find it difficult to watch a show where every other sentence is, "you know" and "like" and I'm tired of shows that treat employrees like slaves. That's just not right. People should never be abused in the workplace.
    I like the show, but I could never work for them -- I'd be crying on a daily basis! From what I've heard and read, much of the Fashion Industry is cut-throat and rough-going. I've heard 'The Devil Wears Prada' is a pretty accurate representation of the fashion world. I know someone who used to work at Ralph Lauren, had an amazing job, but one day gave it all up b/c of the way the industry operates. I'm sure there are probably some fashion jobs/companies that aren't cut-throat, but I think they are probably in the minority.

Her saying "cast" seems to me so much more like she's there for the show than the job. I happened to catch this today too and only today and only parts of it. It didn't really keep my interest.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3841876;
    Her saying "cast" seems to me so much more like she's there for the show than the job. I happened to catch this today too and only today and only parts of it. It didn't really keep my interest.
    Let her be on the "show." It would mean she would fix all their issues! She's more qualified than the guy that hired her!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3841766;
    The senior staff gets on my nerves. You cannot inexperienced kids and expect them to be able to do everything especially if you don't take the time to train them. These people keep hiring clueless people and depending on interns. And the minute they finally hire someone who is qualified, they fire her for using twitter! I think they are making things harder for themselves. Plus, they are really abusing their employees. That's not the way to treat people you depend on. Anyway, Kelly is really not that mean. She is a softy but just don't come between Kelly and her money!
    Totally agree with you. I don't know if it's the fashion industry or New York, but these women are terrible managers. Kelly is more palatable because she blends her toughness with some genuine caring. The other two are just demanding shrews. They set employees up to fail, then blame them for failing, then don't even have to decency to thank them for their work when they're firing them.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234