+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kell on Earth

Re: Kell on Earth

I missed it!!! :'-(

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3816194;
    Wonder why Kell puts up with Ashley Dupre as a "friend" - Dupre told Kell she thought she'd just go ahead and show up (and again humiliate Kell) at the next runway show; then when Kell said OH NO, Dupre had that slack-jaw blank stare, as if she had no idea she'd be unwelcome. I think Dupre is nasty mean.
    The client (can't remember who the designer was) fired Kelly, so he's no longer one of her clients. Ashley was going to show up at the designer's next show - admittedly, a dumb idea - but wasn't trying to sabotage Kelly, since he's no longer a client. In a weird way, I think Ashley was trying to do it for Kelly. Again, a dumb idea, but it wasn't to hurt Kelly. JMO, but I don't think Ashley Dupre is "nasty mean." I don't condone what she did in her past, but I've seen in interviews, and saw more dimensions to her that what the press has shown the public.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3815349;
    Did anyone watch??

I really liked the show!!! Kelly is just so driven!!! I think I could work for her, I really do!!! I love a challenge!!!
    I finally got to watch it. I really like it, too. I've always been fascinated with seeing what goes on behind the scenes in different areas of the fashion world. We get a peek into the PR, production, marketing, etc. I think Kelly and her partners have very stressful, high pressure jobs, so I "get" how they are at times. Still not sure I could work for them or other similar companies in the fashion industry, but I find it really interesting. I like Kelly, and like getting to see more of her personal side, too. Her daughter is a cutie. Also, I keep thinking Kelly resembles Sara Gilbert.

BTW, how could Andrew not understand that he could not accept RSVPs from people not on the list? That seems like a no-brainer to me.

I fell asleep watching it so that can tell you how interested I was in it. Okay I will admit it was the second showing of the show but in my defense it was this site that got me hooked on Hoarders.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3816413;
    The client (can't remember who the designer was) fired Kelly, so he's no longer one of her clients. Ashley was going to show up at the designer's next show - admittedly, a dumb idea - but wasn't trying to sabotage Kelly, since he's no longer a client. In a weird way, I think Ashley was trying to do it for Kelly. Again, a dumb idea, but it wasn't to hurt Kelly. JMO, but I don't think Ashley Dupre is "nasty mean." I don't condone what she did in her past, but I've seen in interviews, and saw more dimensions to her that what the press has shown the public.
    Ahhh.... I also hope Dupre is not trying to sabotage Kelly. I saw Dupre interviewed - I think on Joy Behar? - and she seemed quite level-headed. Just didn't like it that she did a no-no, then threatened to do it again, in a joking but "huh / duh??" sort of way. It seemed contrived ... and not nice at all!
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

FORT Fogey

Prism - Yeah, I know. I just think Ashley was thinking with her heart (to support Kelly), and not with her brain. Kelly even "took a second" after Ashley mentioned showing up at the designer's show, but she kind of set Ashley straight by asking her, 'what good would that do?' I think Kelly has great instincts about people, and you could tell she really cares about Ashley, so I think she, too, believed Ashley was na´vely trying to support Kelly.

I only watched the first 30 minutes or so and I couldn't get into it. Of course at the time I was tired and I think I'm OD-ing on reality shows right now. Maybe I'll give it another try.

I was really surprised- I liked it a lot! I was all ready to not like her or the show, but I am looking forward to the next episode!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster;3819136;
    I was really surprised- I liked it a lot! I was all ready to not like her or the show, but I am looking forward to the next episode!
    Me too! I was, like, "another show about the fashion industry?" But this one was actually interesting. It isn't snobby like most of the others and the cast seems to be interesting.

FORT Fogey

I'm so glad we (the viewers) get to see the kinder, more caring side of Kelly. When she was on 'The City,' and 'The Hills,' her edit always showed her to be a raving, angry, monster. I think she's a pretty amazing person. She was total grace under pressure with the seating problem at the show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast