+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

old cow

Worst Cooks in America

So did anyone watch this show last night? It premiered on Food Network at 10pm. I'm sure there will be reruns if anyone missed it. It seems to be ok. Nothing great but something to pass the time.

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I watched last night. It was ok. I thought they started out with a difficult dish for not being able to cook. Some of their dishes in the beginning looked awful and I am sure the taste was just as bad.
    There's no place like home!

I was surprised the chicken guy wasn't chosen, his food looked horrific!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fanatic

I can't figure out how a mother of 4 kids could not cook something her children will eat. You don't have to graduate from a cooking school to turn out a decent meal. There are cookbooks for beginning cooks available at bookstores.

I started cooking with my mother when I was about 5 years old. I realize not everyone has that experience, but even so I am just floored that so many people are walking around unable to do the simplest menu.

It's a shame they dismissed anyone at the end of class because they all desperately need help. They didn't even tell them they would be getting some cookbooks to take home and use, for crying out loud. These people are a walking disaster. I feel sorry for them.

I may not be able to change a tire, but I can sure cook a meal. You may not need to change a tire very often, but you eat every day.

I watched it. I thought it was pretty good. We left Boston one year ago for SoCal. It was fun listening to Chef Beau talk...reminded me of HOME!
    KAREN

Regarding the boiled chicken. I did not find it that strange. When I make chicken and noodles I cook the chicken in a pot of water..with some broth and other seasonings.

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3782900;
    Regarding the boiled chicken. I did not find it that strange. When I make chicken and noodles I cook the chicken in a pot of water..with some broth and other seasonings.
    Yea i boil boneless chicken cubes myself for casserole dishes but I can understand what the previous poster was saying--boiling an entire, whole chicken with bones and everything...and then laying 2 or 3 slices of cheese on top of the poor bird? That just looked odd and I cant image it tasted any better.

The chicken dish looked horrid. Maybe if he would have added some color to the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3782911;
    Yea i boil boneless chicken cubes myself for casserole dishes but I can understand what the previous poster was saying--boiling an entire, whole chicken with bones and everything...and then laying 2 or 3 slices of cheese on top of the poor bird? That just looked odd and I cant image it tasted any better.

I often do chicken stock using a whole chicken and a whole unpeeled onion for color....but......I usually skin it and take as much fat out as possible, strain the broth then debone the chicken for other things....but just putting a bad looking tomato-type thing on it with Swiss cheese? My 16 1/2 yr old watched with me, and he even said he didn't get that one!
    "There are worse crimes than burning books. One of them is not reading them."
    Joseph Brodsky: (1940-1996) Russian-US poet

I read banned books.
    Just Jazzie

I honestly hate that they're making it a competition. Started with 24 people at the beginning, then down to 10 by the time the first episode was done. I mean, I love the premise of getting horrible cooks and teaching them, mainly because I love the Food Network and yet I'm a pretty bad cook myself (though I'm a mean baker), so a reality show of teaching people how to be good cooks is right up my alley. But turning it into a game and eliminating them, it just ruins the entire premise of teaching people how to cook if you go kicking them out before they've learned enough. In regards to elimination last night, I'm still a little baffled that they eliminated Wilhelmina over David, when even though Wilhelmina tried to hide her dish some with the cutlery, she did a better job at visually recreating it than David, and both seemed pretty similar in the unedible part.

The main reason I'll continue to watch is due to the colorful contestants, as this is one of few times I had memorized every single person in the first five minutes of the show, and just about everyone is likeable. I think Rachel is currently my favorite, mainly because when I see her, I can't help but picture Edna Mode from The Incredibles.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast