+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I can understand not knowing how to create five-star restaurant quality meals, but this show wants us to believe some of these people can't boil water.

There are many dishes I can make from memory, but anything new requires at least a quick read through a written recipe. Taking the directions away from apprentices is just stupid.

That being said, my "favorite" was sent home last night. So wanted to see Matt succeed.

Don't watch Beauty/Geek, so I had no idea there was a contestant from another reality show on this reality show. Don't care for her. Nor do I like Kelsey or Kelly. I keep forgetting that Carlos is even there.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

This is an odd show, but if anything it does show that people will take shortcuts to try and get things done quickly - with the negative results, or funnier, still can't figure out to put simple things in so they don't burn food.

I say this remembering even now 15 or so years later having to eat a cookie that had a 1/4 CUP of salt in it.

I am pretty bummed Priscilla wenty home, but she just could never get her scattered behavior under control. methinks maybe it was the competitive aspect that got her down. Shame to see Matt go too, I thought Ty would go. Not liking Kelly so much anymore comparing herself to Cinderella against Anna. I guess I can understand Rachel getting all sorta mean competitive with Eddie in season 1, since Eddie was a rather cocky guy, but we haven't seen anything like that with Anna, so Kelly came across as mean there.

And I don't think this is a put-on, I know people exist out there that are just terrible cooks. I mean, I'm great at baking, I've made great cakes and cookies and the such. Well, so long as I don't break the eggs while at it, I have trouble breaking eggs even to this day. But as for cooking meals? Yeah, I am a perfect candidate for this show.

MRD

There are 2 people on here who still live at home and have admitted that their mom's do the cooking and they have never really tried. I have a friend that has turned into a very good cook, but when I met her 12 years ago, she literally could NOT boil water. She was incredibly smart in her professional life, but turned into a ditz in the kitchen.

I too have found it hard to believe that they can't do some simple things. Ty, admitted that the only sauce he uses is hot sauce, so he'd never even heard of Pesto.

When you are not exposed to varied cuisine, you are going to be hampered in the kitchen. And if you have someone else doing the cooking for you, where's the incentive to learn?

I think the Lebanese guy is going to win. I knew Priscilla was going home, she has not learned one thing and has consistantly been bad.

We call Joishe "My cousin Vinny" (he's an attorney from Brooklyn and there are some other similarities. )

Chef Ann seems to give more instruction. Chef Robert just browbeats them.

KNOWING that these are not good cooks, wouldn't you mention that if your turkey is pink, it means it's not done? I know that's very, very basic to most of us. But it isn't to new cooks and Chef Robert doesn't mention these little tidbits like Chef Ann seems to do.

I'm VERY impressed with the vegetarian. She has overcome her "distaste" and is determined to do what it takes. She seems to be really, really trying.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

We're not seeing everything that goes on...for example, the cooks have already learned how to hold a knife and dice/chop. And someone else on Chef Robert's side saw the turkey when it was plated and knew that it was undercooked. (Ty even said that he didn't see that it was undercooked when he plated, but he did see it when Chef Robert pointed it out.)

FORT Fogey

This is kind of a silly show. No one is going to leave there knowing much more about cooking than they do now. They are following directions and often not very well! If they really wanted to learn they could take a cooking class and learn the basics first and the reason why things are done.

Having said that, I still watch!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;4152269;
    ...Chef Ann seems to give more instruction. Chef Robert just browbeats them....
    I don't really agree, I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes that we are not shown. My husband and I actually talked about this very thing during the last show. Robert was shown telling them how to cut on a bias, how to tell if a pea is cooked, and what to look for to see if the cranberries are done. That is just what they showed.

I told my husband that if you listen to what the ones going home are saying, then it's clear that there is more going on behind the scenes then what is being edited. I think they are being taught and that is invaluable, Ann and Robert are too highly skilled chefs and to have one on one instruction with them? Priceless.

Joshie is growing on me, he is sort of awesome as long as I don't have to actually experience him in person! LOL.

I also really like the vegetarian, I paralleled that to the Indian Chef on that Home Cook show. The one who had a hissy fit when she had to "kill" a "poor" crab. I admire somebody who doesn't eat meat coming on this show and is willing to put all that aside to get the job done, I'd be happy with her or the surgical nurse winning.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Joshie is an attorney??? Wow. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but I just can't get over the name 'Joshie'.

FORT Newbie

omg, u guys are awesome, critical, but fair thank u

yes, i went to law school, no, i dont practice anymore...

i am trying my heart out and even with my adhd and numerous other issues im tryin to shut my mouth and actually make this a great experience and about the cooking...

my cousin vinny, haha, whoever said that, great, my ex used to always use that one on me...ur a taller (cuter, my insertion) jewier, my cousin vinnie

thank u guys, hope u enjoy the remaining episodes

joshie

Quote Originally Posted by joshie;4156163;
    omg, u guys are awesome, critical, but fair thank u

yes, i went to law school, no, i dont practice anymore...

i am trying my heart out and even with my adhd and numerous other issues im tryin to shut my mouth and actually make this a great experience and about the cooking...

my cousin vinny, haha, whoever said that, great, my ex used to always use that one on me...ur a taller (cuter, my insertion) jewier, my cousin vinnie

thank u guys, hope u enjoy the remaining episodes

joshie
    Joshie ~ thank you for posting! My hubby & I are pulling for you!
    We love your spirit! Regardless of how things turn out ~ you've been
    highly entertaining!!
    This is freaking CRAzy ~ I'm 0 for 20!

+ Reply to Thread