+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I was only okay with Rachel winning because I wanted Annie to win. I would have preferred Jenny win, though. There is something about Rachel that bugs me...
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

This was a really feel-good finale. Both Jenny & Rachel came a long, long way and although I have a soft spot for Jenny & hoped all along she'd win, this was the first reality competition in which I really felt that either of the finalists ultimately deserved to win. Kudos to both of them!

I hope someone who's able takes notice of Jenny and that she gets the opportunities she wants after doing this show!

My daughter absolutely cannot stand Rachel ... she drove her crazy, so she was constantly hoping she'd get eliminated. I did want Jenny to win, and thought she should. Hoping there's another season, maybe clean up the idea a bit.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Jenny probably would have won if she hadn't screwed up the sauce on her fish dish by putting 3/4 cups brown sugar instead of 1/3 cup (or whatever the mistake was). They judges said that things were very close, but the two women didn't like how sweet Jenny's sauce was. I didn't get why Beau didn't challenge her on whether or not she had measured right. That wouldn't have been against the rules. Anne certainly did things like that to help Rachel.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

MRD

This show has started up again. Anyone watching?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Yes, I have been watching. I can't believe some of these people cook what they cook! I am not even close to being a good cook, but I do know some decent basics, like put a bit of oil in a pan to cook chicken! Interesting that Erika from Beauty and the Geek is on here. She is (acting??) as dumb as always.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I never saw Beauty & the Geek, so I'm okay with Erika and hope she does well. She seems very ditzy but making an effort anyway, and I was happy seeing her win the omelette challenge.

So far there are few who catch my eye the way some of those in season 1 did, but we do have some interesting ones at least. I liked Jen using her operating nurse skills in regards to properly cutting a chicken, Kelly's kinda kooky and funny, Priscilla is a mess of nerves but I still want to see her do well. The only person I can't stand is that Joshie dude, he's so over-the-top.

And I'm definitely okay with Robert Irvine being on the show now, I find him a huge deal more fun and likeable than the male chef in season 1.

I can't help but wonder if they had people trying out who were faking. This is the second season, surely by now people have figured out to show up with something dreadful and slowly get better till you wind up so good that you win (but were faking all along).

I do think that somehow they managed to get a group of people who truly can't cook which sort of surprises me, can you read? If you can read....then you can cook. Granted it won't be gourmet but seriously, follow a simple recipe and anybody can cook. But it is fun watching them fall apart, lol.

I don't really have a favorite although I find George (however she spells it) and the surgical nurse to be rather pleasant and I'd love for either of them to win. I like Robert much better than Beau last season, Beau always made me feel sort of dirty and as if I needed to go hose myself down after watching his greasy self on the tv.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I am watching. Really liked the original male chef- this new guy (who i know is well knon but i can't remeber his name) is kind of blah and he doesn't seem terribly supportive.
    I like Josh, he cracks me up. Everyone else right now just kind of blends in. Of course, I've only seen one show, so we'll see.
    Sometimes it is better to be kind than it is to be right

FORT Fanatic

I find it hard to accept the total non-existence of cooking skills in some of these people. With cookbooks and videos available in today's world, I don't see how anyone could be so bad. I've taken lots of one-night or short-term cooking classes from my local adult ed program. Why doesn't the show first have maybe two days of intensive training and then have a competition?

Didn't they have a friend or relative who could have taught them how to scramble eggs or something? There is simple cooking and then there is gourmet cooking which requires lots of fancy ingredients and lots of time. Concentrate on the easy things.

I try not to be too disparaging about some of these contestants, but I think of it is a put-on.

+ Reply to Thread