+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Re: Worst Cooks in America

I agree, it is too bad they are eliminating the cooks so quickly. Their "signature dishes" looked horrible! Thankfully we don't have tastr-o-rama on our TVs, I don't know how the chefs could have even eaten some of that mess.

The chefs selecting the worst of the worst to be on each other's teams was rather funny though.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I also agree with the show losing some "viewability" by eliminating so many contestants so early on.

I am baffled as well how these people have survived as long as they have without having even basic cooking skills.

They weren't college students who had just left Momma's kitchen for the first time. If you are on your own and you want to eat cold cereal 3 times a day . . . fine. But if you have children . . . . not so fine. Do these people not have ANYONE in their lives who can show them these things?

When I wanted to learn how to make homemade spaghetti sauce, I talked to my next door neighbor. For the price of the ingredients, I spent half the day with her, learning her Italian secrets. We had dinner together and have a friendship that has lasted nearly 20 years, despite the fact that we have each moved several times since the original Sauce Day.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3782900;
    Regarding the boiled chicken. I did not find it that strange. When I make chicken and noodles I cook the chicken in a pot of water..with some broth and other seasonings.
    It was the cheese that did me in. I have boiled it too, but for use in other things. Not just tossing it on a plate and presto! Thats what made it look so bad.

I thought I wasn't a great cook and then saw this. I might not be a chef, but I have an assortment of standards my family likes. And I can follow a fairly easy recipe. Some of these people were clueless and then let go so fast. Maybe they see no potential? But I thought the point was to fdind the WORSE chef.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I think I would have liked the show better if the producers had given all the contestants a quick 3 day crash course in cooking and then started eliminating them or at least send the cast offs to a 5 day cooking school and not just dump them.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

How do these people survive, they eat out....very expensive.
    There's no place like home!

Quote Originally Posted by captain;3784614;
    How do these people survive, they eat out....very expensive.
    Naw....you just buy a lot of Lean Cuisine, Stouffers and Bertolli. The new "steamable" products are quite good also.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I work with a guy who doesn't cook. 36 years old and single. He brings frozen dinners everyday, even if its for lunch (we alos work some late shifts). He won't even make a sandwich! For dinners when he isn't working, he stops at several fast food places. The closest he gets to cooking is a steamer product. So they do exist and manage to stay alive somehow!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I watched the show and enjoyed it a lot. The people are very varied and I appreciate them really wanting to learn.

old cow

Are they going to eliminate 2 people every week? The show will be over in about a month if they did that.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Down to the Final Four contestants. Really thought the "mom" would hang in thee, but now I'm betting on the last remaining male to win it all.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

+ Reply to Thread