+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Worst Cooks in America

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Worst Cooks in America

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I am a little disappointed we didn't get to see Anne get a makeunder, though. I think that would have been great.

I liked both contestants, so I was ok with either winning. By the judges comments, I actually thought Georg would win- it seemed they had more positive things to say about her dishes and skills than Joshie's, but I am happy with a Joshie win so it's all good! Congrats.
    Same here on all counts. (I started rooting for Georg just to see Anne get a makeunder - Chef Robert did look awful with blond hair.)

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    [snipped]

I was a little more than perturbed when Chef Anne made the comment that she wanted Joshie to do well because he was representing HER.

It was one of those "yell at the tv" moments that reality tv (and sports) often brings my way. It wasn't about HER, it was about Joshie!! She'll still be a well-known chef at the end of the day regardless of who wins.
    In retrospect, I agree. Last year, didn't the judges think it was a competition between the two professional chefs - and the chefs had to go out and take the judges' comments pretending they had cooked the food? I thought it was going to be done the same way, so when I was watching it, that comment didn't strike me as bad.

Congratulations, Joshie! Hope you're still cooking.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

You are correct about last year Kip.

When the food was served, the judges believed it had been cooked by either Chef Ann or Chef Beau. Not sure why the change was made.

Chef Ann seemed (at least at that point) to be more concerned about her reputation than she was for Joshie's overall well-being.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Congrats to Joshie! And I loved Chef Robert as a blonde! That was so funny! I really enjoyed this show and hope they bring it back again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    You are correct about last year Kip.

When the food was served, the judges believed it had been cooked by either Chef Ann or Chef Beau. Not sure why the change was made.
    I think that could only work the first season. Once the show aired there was no chance they could find food critics that did not know about the show.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I think that could only work the first season. Once the show aired there was no chance they could find food critics that did not know about the show.
    Same thing I was thinking.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Yeah, you're right. But last year, one of my favorite parts was watching Chef Anne and Chef Beau squirm while getting criticized by the judges for rookie mistakes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Yeah, you're right. But last year, one of my favorite parts was watching Chef Anne and Chef Beau squirm while getting criticized by the judges for rookie mistakes.
    Perhaps that was as good as it got! I dont think this show is very good. First of all, none of them are going to leave with anything more than being able to duplicate the dishes they made, if they took the recipes with them.

In the future it is possible for a contestant to fake their inability to cook to get on the show and miraculously learn quickly and win. There are so many out there, hungry to be on TV. It would not take much to gather a few friends to claim how bad you are.

And what is up with Ann making dishes with tomato sauce in a few minutes with canned stuff? That just cannot taste good at all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213