+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of Kia.....please.

Get rid of Kia.....please.

They surely selected her for the show based on how many people they thought she'd make cry.

I don't notice any design talent whatsoever in her.

Grown ups don't usually want themed bedrooms Kia.
    "That's Numberwang!"

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I think I only liked one room she did. Even Hildeous has a better record. ( I Put her at about 70% hate-30% not ok but could be fixed easily)

Where *did* she get her design training -- Six Flags? The absolute worst of Kia's had to be when the show did homes on a military base, and the HO specifically said she wanted anything *except* military -- they wanted their living room to be an escape from the military.The friends said the same thing (you know -- the beginning of the show where the designer says, "So what do you want to see happen in this room?" and the friends give their opinion, and the designer then says what's going to happen regardless). So what did Kia do? She termed it "Military Chic," but it was just plain ugly -- gray, black, and white camouflage borders and such everywhere. It was horrible. The HO cried. I think they should have gone with the theme and put Kia in front of a firing squad....
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

That home was dreadful.
    I felt for that homeowener because I thought Kia was trying (and failing) to be clever.
    She was just showing a real lack of imagination imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I haven't liked any of her designs either. She'd be better suited for While you were out, maybe. Those people seem to be all about the themes. Besides, she's taking precious screentime away from Vern. Boo hiss.

Metallica Fanatic breathless4975's Avatar
    I think Kia is the worst designer on the show not to mention she has a boring personality. She tries to be cute by doing the worst imaginable rooms but she just makes me sick. When I see that she is doing a room I plug my ears and wish she would just go away.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. - Albert Schweitzer

The most thoroughly wasted of all days is that on which one has not laughed.

If I accept the sunshine and warmth, then I must also accept the thunder and lightening.

I hear yah breathless.
    She is worse than Hilde imo.

While You Were Out might be a better place for her.
    They onyl get one room on that show so I think they feel they have to make twice the impact.
    It often results in very "hokey" room imo.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular
    I wish they would get rid of Kia too...You are right about While you were out...it would definitely be a better place for her (because I don't watch it ...hehe) I havn't liked a single room that she has done. What was she thinking with the whole flying carpet thing? That was awful!
    I am not a huge fan of Edward's either...as for Hilde sometimes she will do a room that I like (not often but occasionally) I liked her room that she did in London I thought it was so much fun!

kia is bad

Yes guys I agree with you all I was horrified by the military room, and the bedroom in which the headboard looked like a seashell. what in the world is she thinking? I'd never let her do my house.

my favorites are Genevieve, Laurie, and Vern.
    I used to think Doug was bad, but he has done some nice places lately. Frank just uses too much paint everywhere for me.
    Once Frank painted a floor to look like tile, and it was was very ugly.

FORT Regular
    Kia is really bad ... the worst (my opinion) she did was the room with the bed spread with the fake grass carpet and the flowers ... that was horrible !!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast