+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Conveyor Belt of Love? Hahahahaha...

FORT Fanatic

Re: Conveyor Belt of Love? Hahahahaha...

So, I open m laptop, go to FORT, scan the list of topics, and what do I see? Conveyor Belt of Love. NO. In so many ways, NO. Please, tell me this is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by imissme;3787819;
    So, I open m laptop, go to FORT, scan the list of topics, and what do I see? Conveyor Belt of Love. NO. In so many ways, NO. Please, tell me this is a joke.
    Actually, in retrospect it turned out to be a pretty good joke.

They totally didn't take it seriously--which is the only reason it kind of worked.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3785291;
    More than likely this show will be picked up on Fox Reality someday and we will be able to watch all of the shows in a one day marathon. I can't see that channel turning down something like this!!

Fox reality has announced they will cease operations this year, I believe at the end of March.

This show was laughably watchable.
    Last edited by Peacheater; 01-06-2010 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacheater;3788016;
    Fox reality has announced they will cease operations this year, I believe at the end of March.

This show was laughably watchable.
    Did they say why they are ceasing operations? That's to bad. There were some hot lookin guys.

FORT Fogey

I think Fox is hurting for money, they recently had a big deal with Time Warner Cable (and maybe other cable companies) where they wanted the cable companies to give them a dollar for every viewer every month.

This show was a hoot! I'd watch it again.

I thought this show was going to be total crap, but it was hysterically funny.........Maybe I drank too much, but I enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by sonyab1974;3788642;
    Did they say why they are ceasing operations? That's to bad. There were some hot lookin guys.
    The word out in Hollywood is that the FOX execs tired of pumping money in a losing operation. Except for the AI recap shows, they never could attract an audience that advertisers cared about. Their one critically acclaimed original show, Solitary, also never found an audience.

My brother, who works in the business, tells me that Fox didn't anticipate that what used to be called "fringe cable," would so fully embrace their own reality programming. With even National Geographic, Style, Food Network, A&E and others jumping in to the deep end of the reality pool, the left over audience for Fox Reality is minimal.

When I told the people I worked with about this, they were either in disbelief, or amused-one of the guys said that it is how (and I can't remember which) either love or life should work...a giant conveyor belt.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;3783933;
    This show is hilarious, but I think it is a one-off. I think they are dragging these guys in off the streets.
    It looks like it was a once-off, CIC, since it's not on the schedule for tonight. I guess there weren't enough guys to drag in off the street this week!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast