+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DESIGN INTERNS: New Competitive Show from HGTV

Re: DESIGN INTERNS: New Competitive Show from HGTV

Just finished watching ep 2. I like how they use a narrator. I also like how the light is used. It makes the episodes very clean and fresh. I also like how the show focuses on both the individual, team interaction and overall projects. I am very surprised that Team B forgot about lighting and the ceiling. In our local community college design program they have an entire class devoted to lighting.

This show is why I started watching reality TV shows, unfortunately most have devolved to trash like Frank The Entertainer.

FYI on Planet Green they are showing Big Chef and Little Chef and Conviction Kitchen. Reality shows that are more inline with how Design Interns is produced vs watching Taylor on Tough Love.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I loved Bre's solution for the wine rack challenge. Not only did it look like a soft sculpture when wrapped closed for carrying but one could find creative ways to hang it open.

Once again (as in Design Star) two day challenges and clumped into teams is causing all kinds of breakdowns. It is survival of the fittest at its finest.

I liked that Team B thought to bring some of rustic Italy into the design, and that they researched their client, but I agree that they didn't listen, take notes during his introductory piece, or understand what was happening during their restaurant visit. Was it their inexperience or the frantic push because of time? Rustic Italy with an elegant overlay fine...a family table suggesting a spaghetti and meatball bowl in the center, no.

Last week I thought Warren was going to be a jerk on the show, but wow - he proved to be an effective leader. I love how he brought Supretha around and found that her strength was lighting. It gave her a talent and a niche...and helped her team win the challenge.

I like the partners/future employers even more this week. They are getting to know the aspirants on a more individual basis and can comment more directly to their strengths and weaknesses. As Bearcata said, this is what competition shows are all about - and I like the fact that the "prize" is practical and will benefit the winner in the long run.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fanatic

I can't get over how tough those judges are - yikes.

You can't coast on this show.

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3792438;
    I can't get over how tough those judges are - yikes.

You can't coast on this show.
    That's because they're looking for an intern to actually work in their firm and they need someone who will be top-notch.

This is a very interesting show, I love all the different challenges each week.

Based on what we have seen so far, it will most likely come down to Bree and Warren as the last ones standing.

Does anyone know why this wasn't on tonight? And when it's on next? I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3798807;
    Does anyone know why this wasn't on tonight? And when it's on next? I can't seem to find anything.

Thanks!
    House Hunters was on instead. Great..I hope they didn't cancel it. I really don't want to see endless reruns of House Hunters all weekend long.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

House Hunters was on instead. Great..I hope they didn't cancel it. I really don't want to see endless reruns of House Hunters all weekend long.
    Given that it's a repeat of a Canadian show from 2 yrs ago, I can't figure out why they wouldn't just let it ride. (And I don't want to see House Hunters all weekend, either!)

If they'd just update their website...

FORT Fanatic

I just checked HGTV, and it appears the show won't return until February. How very, very odd. They 'hook' you in for a few short weeks and then drop it for a while. Why?

Were the ratings really terrible?

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;3804873;
    I just checked HGTV, and it appears the show won't return until February. How very, very odd. They 'hook' you in for a few short weeks and then drop it for a while. Why?Were the ratings really terrible?
    I guess they desperately needed to rerun a Househunters episode for the 10th time.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast