+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The New Jackson's reality show

The New Jackson's reality show

is anyone watching this?

I recorded it last week. It is pretty lame, but what the hey, I am a sucker for the Jackson's so I will watch for a while.

Last week Jermaine, and his brothers did not get along.

FORT Fogey

Re: The New Jackson's reality show

I didn't know it was on, but here is the schedule for those interested:

The six-episode miniseries will air on December 13 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on A&E. The show's regular timeslot will be Sundays at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT beginning December 20.

thank you

I like seeing the different brothers and their dynamics.

the show weirds me out. i think it's their soft little voices.

FORT Fogey

it is just sickening i feel like they are still trying to cash in on Michael.Not watching anymore

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I haven't watched, but I do feel like this is just capitalizing on their brothers death. While I know the Jackson 5 are legendary and were huge in their day, when I think famous and the Jacksons, the only 2 who come to mind are Michael and Janet. The only other ones I can remember 99% of the time are Latoya, for just being there, and Jermaine, again for just showing up in interviews.

I had heard grumblings that there was still a possibility Michael's kids could be featured on the show. I really hope that doesn't happen. As many in the media have said, he spent his life trying to give them a normal one out of the public eye. I hope that doesn't all change because he's gone and his family thinks they'll be their ticket.

FORT Fanatic

This show 100% shows how this family has no shame and only saw Michael's death as a chance for them to regain the spotlight.
    Regardless if this was filmed before he died, it wouldnt have been picked up or shopped around if he didnt.

FORT Fanatic

I'm kind of enjoyng the show. Of course they're capitalizing off of Michael. They sure are busy; but too much time is shown of Jermaine's wife. Can't believe Mrs. Jackson appeared, but I hope Michael's kids don't, unless they choose to.
    RIP....Kevin 11-29-09

Not blaming them one tiny bit for doing this show. Aside from the fact that it was in production before Michael died, they have always capatalized off of Michael-dead or alive. They were in that group, and while clearly Michael was the draw in that group, they worked their butts off their entire childhood (and a good chunk of their adult lives) as well. Not their fault that Michael was the one to shine so brightly. The fact that they still have dreams about a business that they gave their entire lives to does not change because Michael died. Joe beat and bred them to do one thing and one thing only, and that was to entertain. If anything I see them as a sad lot rather than a group of opportunists. Tons of people are making money off of Michael being dead, these are probably the only people who ended up with next to nothing for years of struggling to make it back then, and if they are trying to regain a moment of that right now well I have no problem with it. I don't doubt for a moment that they are mourning Michael more than many of us give them credit for and would rather have him here than to have a chance at some third rate show on a cable network.

ETA- I watch it when I catch it, it's pretty tame and tame is exactly what I expected.It's a glimpse into a musical dynasty, but they are about as exciting as watching paint dry at times. I do like getting a glimpse at another generation of Jacksons, and wondering if any of them have the talent or desire to pick up and carry the Jackson torch now that Michael is gone and if Janet ever decides to put her mic down one day.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 12-30-2009 at 01:43 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast