+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off (NBC)

Re: The Sing-Off

Thank God for the "Sing Off". I think Skating with the Stars, started too soon after Dancing with the Stars. I thought I'd choke someone if I saw one more "judge" with a numbered paddle!!!

Oh.No. I forgot to set my dvr to catch tonights Sing Off!! I was hoping CNBC might repeat it on Sat night like they do the Apprentice, but no... Will the next show be next Monday? Darn it.

WoW! The judges in Sing Off are better than the ones in American Idol it's not even funny.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stcroix1;4123024;
    Oh.No. I forgot to set my dvr to catch tonights Sing Off!! I was hoping CNBC might repeat it on Sat night like they do the Apprentice, but no... Will the next show be next Monday? Darn it.
    Apparently, it is a Monday-Wednesday show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Thank St. Peter The Whiffenpoofs are gone!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I was happy with both of the cuts last night. I thought Eleventh Hour was one of the best groups on Monday but I didn't think they were as good last night, and I really loved the sassy boy and the Asain boy from the Whiffenpoofs but I was also ok with them leaving.

It's going to be hard for me next week! I really like all of the groups left and I'll hate to see any of them go (except for maybe On the Rocks). But I really hope that Jerry Lawson & The Talk of the Town make it to the finale!

Does anyone know how the cuts are going to go from here? My dvr cut off the end of the show so I didn't catch it. I'm assuming that they'll only be cutting one group on each episode now, but I was wondering how many people will end up at the finale. Thanks!

Don't know about the finale, but next week all groups are singing 2 songs, IIRC.

I want to see Jerry Lawson's group, and Committed in the finals.

I think the school teachers sound like another favorite acapella group of mine....Manhattan Transfer.

I think Eleventh Hour's problem was song selection, but they were the right choice to go.

I don't like a whole herd of people in a group. There is such a thing as "too many"; I think it works against the greater good.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4123675;

I think Eleventh Hour's problem was song selection, but they were the right choice to go.

I don't like a whole herd of people in a group. There is such a thing as "too many"; I think it works against the greater good.
    Do they actually get to choose their songs? I would really doubt it, other than the first performance and maybe the finale. Most shows like this are given their song - so that might not actually be their problem.

I just started watching this and I can't figure out if I like it or not.

Backbeats: Good to see them switch up lead singers tonight. The young lady was very good. The song seemed a bit hurried, and messing with the tempo can be very dangerous.

Street Corner Symphony: Their sound, as a group, is a little thin for my taste, but they do harmonize well. Their lead singer has a wonderful voice. He could easily go solo, and wave bye-bye to the other guys. Didn't really recognize the song that they did, but that didn't prove to be a problem.

+ Reply to Thread