+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off (NBC)

Re: The Sing-Off

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Tim uses the deep voice well. He's not like Scotty from AI who limits himself. Tim can still hit decently higher notes. They're a good group.
    Well so far Johnnyk, It's been a good year. AI, AGT, The Voice, X-Factor all have non-Country winners. Ironically, Home Free will win The Sing-Off but they are most everyone's favorite.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

I'm happy Home Free won. I liked them from the start.

Well so far Johnnyk, It's been a good year. AI, AGT, The Voice, X-Factor all have non-Country winners.
    Thank God for this, though. I hope this trend continues for a long time.

Congratulations to Home Free! Of the three finalists, they are the one group ready to step into the studio and make good use of the money. Hopefully, it's goodbye to school gymnasiums and hello to larger venues. If you are going to do this for a living, you might as well make a living out of it.

I also enjoyed their backup to Jewel with the Christmas song. Professional all the way.
    Debb70 and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

The less members a group has, the more i am impressed with them.

Home Free only had five while some others had ten. They're proof that you don't need a bunch of people to create a good performance.

And Vocal Rush has even more. The FORT pretty much know that they are 3rd and that it was Home Free's game to lose. They cant possibly give it to Ten who just banded together for the show. It was a deserving win for the boys. That being said, I dont think there has ever been a winner with more than 6 members.

Pentatonix as usual, amazing. They are the Jabawokeez of the Sing-Off.
    JLuvs likes this.

I never watched this show but wow home free are awesome.....maybe I should start watching this all of the acts are so amazing!
    SpringMaiden27 and sparklete like this.

Well I got a ticket to the Sing Off tour next month. Excited to see Home Free and Philharmonics...one other group is going too, but I forgot their name.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Sooooo excited for you...let us know how it was!!

So just got back from the concert! It was unique in more than one way as earthquakes were hitting quite frequently and it felt like I was in a wave pool in the balcony.

The show started with Home Free, VoicePlay and Philharmonic all singing together. Then Philharmonic did there set, which was fantastic. After they were done the introduced the special guest of the night: Vocal Rush -- they did a very short set.

I think next philharmonic and VoicePlay did a battle round and the bass from Home Free was Nick Lachey. Then Voice Play did their set - they were flipping awesome.

The beat boxers from home free, voice play and philharmonic did this amazing beatbox competition - a big earthquake happened during that.

Home Play and Home Free did a battle round and then Home Free did their set. The set was long, fantastic and hilarious - Tim was Comedy Central all night and he can sing as high as he sings low.

Philharmonic and Home Free did their mega mix from the show.

The three groups came back out for one final group song and they has the crowd break up into 3 parts and sing with them.

They came back out for an encore and did hallelujah - without mics.

I got to meet all the groups after the show and they were super nice. Such a fantastic show. All the groups had CDs for sale. They did songs for. The show and new arrangements. My favorite performance was the Home Free guilty pleasures medley.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

So is Wednesday night the only night for The Singoff this year?
    MReid likes this.

+ Reply to Thread