+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off (NBC)

Re: The Sing-Off

loved save a horse ride a cowboy

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

AFRO BLUE...... You guys just took me down.......you guys ust made me cry!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

did not like the results

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I thought the judges had Delilah in their sights to eliminate from the beginning of the night. IMO, "Dream On" was MUCH better than they gave them credit for. Amy did hit a couple of bum notes at the beginning, but overall she rocked! I thought they did a great job with a tough song. It was my favorite rock song of the night, and the only one I listened to twice. And I also thought they got more criticism than they deserved for their country song. It just seemed like their dismissal was pre-planned.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Delilah had been dangling in that dismissal zone for several weeks, and that it was only a matter of time. They did extremely well last week, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think Delilah had been dangling in that dismissal zone for several weeks, and that it was only a matter of time. They did extremely well last week, though.
    I agree. For me they were never really as good as their first performance, I will miss them but I wasn't surprised to see them go.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by its_glinda_now View Post
    I don't remember his name but he was the red-haired member of the group "Sonos". Hope that helps.

ETA - I looked on the official site and it has the boys in the group listed as Chris Harrison and Benjamin McLain - so one of those is his name. My memory is not the best but after seeing the names I think I remember it being Chris.
    Thanks - that's all I was wondering.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Ugh...I'm ready for Urban Method to go home. They were better this week - but I feel like it's the Myke show. Like week after week, they don't know what to do, so they have Myke do some rapping to save the show.

I'm also ready for Afro Blue to go home. I think they are hit or miss and when they miss it's bad. Also, they are little to superfluous (I'm not sure that's the right word) for me. Their first performance tonight had too many "ooh" and "aahs" for my taste, my dad would say they sounded like they had tooth aches.
    NFL1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2 View Post
    [B]Ugh...I'm ready for Urban Method to go home. They were better this week - but I feel like it's the Myke show. Like week after week, they don't know what to do, so they have Myke do some rapping to save the show.
    So true, i was over them after their second or third performance.

Did not expect Vocal Point to go. I think they were over all stronger than Afro Blue, even if they didnt have such a great night.
    I love the Dartmouth Aires personality but is anyone else getting bored of their performances? It just seems like the same formula for every song.

Love love love Pentatonix this week (well not their first song)
    I almost felt that their second song was a message to the other groups, like you try to copy our 'tricks', well here's a new bag of 'em!

Afro Blue - I like them but I think they are losing their momentum. I noticed that the lead singer with the dark long hair is just one note. She kept wanting to make the song real slow when it's a fast pace song.

Dartmouth Aires - I love them as well, loved how the did Queens' song, but I think the lead singer for this group is getting way too cocky. He couldn't remember the words to Midnight Train to Georgia. On one part of the song you could tell he forgot the words so he just jumped into the songs before the group could catch up. My husband said "he got on the train before the rest of them could." lol!!

Urban Method - I agree with one poster that said they kept using Myke alot. The main lead singer's voice is sometimes way to high for the rest of group, so that's all you hear is her voice.

Vocal Point - Bobby Brown song was nice, but the leader kept trying to make it country. The second song was a hot mess to me.

Penatonix - OMG and Let's Get It On was OMG AWESOME! They all feed off his other voices to sound like a collective group. I think last night's performance is going to make the other group go back to the drawing board.

I husband thinks the bigger groups are not going to win because it's too many of them lol!

+ Reply to Thread