+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off

Re: The Sing-Off

Oh darn. I had two shows already set up to tape at this time. Guess there goes Skating With the Stars.... I wasn't into it that much anyway for some reason. Can't wait for the singing!!

I'm not impressed as of yet with the way out of sync lip syncing.
    ETA Seriously, this show needs to be called The Sing Sync Off.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 12-06-2010 at 08:11 PM.

FORT Fogey

I missed the first 20 minutes - I came in during the teachers. How many performances did I miss?

Fear not, Unklescott. The first rounds aren't always strong....they get better fast as the season goes along, though. Or, at least that is how I remember it.

I love how they mix it up with people other than young, white college kids.

Although the Yale boys are officially may favs! They were fun to watch!
    Last edited by Jexter; 12-06-2010 at 09:06 PM.

great set of groups

I thought it sucked and I won't be watching again.

We turned the sound on through our stero system and it was unbelievable! I'm really surprised more people aren't loving this show.

I thought the initial introduction performance was recorded, but it honestly seemed to me that when the groups came out and sang that it was live. (and lip syncing bugs me so I watch for it) I also think the groups that are leaving and singing their goodbye songs are lip syncing it-- but that may be to cover them in case of tears or whatever. As long as the actual performance is live I'm ok with it.

I like the judges, think they're fair and give good criticisms-- but talk too much. Nicole is really just a Paula, but not so heavy on the 'coca cola'....

I'll be watching! I hope some others that come on this website will be,too!

Since there is no Chuck, I watched this last night. It helps to be a You Tube sensation if you're the group from Oregon. I guessed the 2 groups who were eliminated. Still trying to figure out the Whiffenpoofs.
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

sorry I missed this. The high school group (Eleventh Hour?) is from my area and I'll have to catch it next time.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;4121663;
    sorry I missed this. The high school group (Eleventh Hour?) is from my area and I'll have to catch it next time.
    They did a GREAT job, Schmoo. The pre-performance package of them was cute,too. The girl who was Homecoming Queen (or whatever) had a beautiful voice and they had a full sound.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't care too much for this show last year...it just seemed too white-bread. Much better groups this year. I was surprised at how good the high school group was. That lead singer has some pipes! The Whiffenpoofs did not impress me at all....actually, they got on my nerves, more than anything. The last 2 groups completely blew me away!!! The last group had the richness and fullness that I really like. That basement was DEEP!!!! I really appreciated the older gentlemen.

This show is giving me what Glee is not.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread