+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off

FORT Fogey

Re: The Sing-Off

This is a spin off of the gospel choir show they did last year. The gospel choir show sounded soooo cheesy, but I absolutely loved it. I don't dislike this show, but it's not nearly as entertaining.

Plus, the gospel choir show had an element of holiday spirit to it. During this rushed week before the holidays, it was just something nice and relaxing to tune into.

I really loved this show! Loved the singing and performing and the difference.

I am a sucker for a cappella, so I'm enjoying this. I agree that it's not as fun as Clash of the Choirs was though, and I wonder why NBC didn't just reprise that show again. Choral > a cappella.

Also, I love the judges. They have actual pertinent stuff to say! Even the Pussycat Doll sometimes. I would like to see them take a stab at judging Adam Lambert, or Danny Gokey from Idol.

Quote Originally Posted by MotherSister;3769947;
    I am a sucker for a cappella, so I'm enjoying this. I agree that it's not as fun as Clash of the Choirs was though, and I wonder why NBC didn't just reprise that show again. Choral > a cappella.

Also, I love the judges. They have actual pertinent stuff to say! Even the Pussycat Doll sometimes. I would like to see them take a stab at judging Adam Lambert, or Danny Gokey from Idol.
    I agree about the judges. Ben and Shawn know what they are talking about. Nicole is like Paula on her best day ever. I like this show and love Nota and the 'Bubs!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Nota seem like the pre-destined winners here...

Their only downside is that a few of the guys have strong accents they can't ditch. The main guy who usually sings lead doesn't have a problem, but at least two of the others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3768730;
    I'm watching it.
    Of course you are, you "Group singing maniac". Heh. Its like your favorite part of Idol distilled down!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This is so clearly between Nota and the Bubs it's ridiculous. I like both, but I'm pulling for Nota.

Anyone know if this is ever going to turn into a viewer vote thing?

Ugh. Those four over-made up ladies just yelled at me. TOO SHOUTY.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I find the VoCals adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3770556;
    Of course you are, you "Group singing maniac". Heh. Its like your favorite part of Idol distilled down!
    Isn't it great!

I'm really enjoying this show! It's amazing what they can do with no musical instruments. The Max Factors were the right choice to go tonight, but they had such rich full voices it was fun listening to them sing. I wonder how far they'd have gone if there were more of them? And I like the judges,too. Very refreshing to have intelligent critiques for a change. (does anyone else think the girl judge looks like a cross between Paula Abdul and Kim Kardasian? Sorta Kim's looks and Paula's spacy vibe)

+ Reply to Thread