+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off

Re: The Sing-Off

I very much enjoyed this season.

I think this was the first season I watched all the way through, but I didn't come here much because I was usually about a week behind. Afro Blue and Dartmouth Aires were my favorites. Afro Blue sometimes over complicated things, but I loved their style! I did not like Urban Method at all. I thought they were really one-note - always having to rap was getting really old, and I like hip-hop! I was really upset when Afro Blue got eliminated instead of Urban Method.

I also think that I'm in the minority because I didn't like Penatonix. I liked their male lead, but something about the girl in their group annoyed me to know end. I think it was something about her smirky expression. I really wish Dartmouth Aires had won. Their lead Michael was amazing! I wonder if he can act, because I could totally see him in a cocky Broadway role!!

So happy for Pentatonix! For me they were by far the best group this season.

I was very happy that the Aires came in second over Urban Method (they didn't even deserve to be in the final 3 imo). I would have been happy with the Aires winning but I think there was just too many of them for a record to really work.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It took me a while to come to appreciate Pentatonix, but I got there! I loved the Aires all to pieces, but I don't think a win for them was realistic. That group would be changing so frequently that they could never maintain their originality and style. I can see them all going in separate directions.

Urban Method...what a joke for third.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I was a little disappointed in the "Christmas" special because I expected all the songs to be at least relatively seasonal. I suppose having a variety might be more appealing to people who don't celebrate Christmas.

I was VERY happy to see Street Corner Symphony, though!

This is one of my favorite shows and LOVE Sara as the third judge. I really hope that Nicole is not returning, now that she got the boot from X-Factor. Sara just seemed to be a much better judge and Nicole was too raunchy for me for this type of show.

Glad Pentatonic won. My other fave was Deliah, but most of the groups were very good this year. It was sad to see most of them go.
    BuckeyeAddict and tapper01 like this.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Don't know if anyone has heard the bad news. The Sing-Off has been canceled. I wish NBC would get rid of The Voice instead of The Sing-Off. At least The Sing-Off wasn't another competition between soloists.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Agreed. I think the Sing Off is my favorite. Sad it is canceled but I think many of the acts have albums on Itunes now. I have picked up Street Corner Symphony, On the Rocks, Pentatonix , The Backbeats, and I saw many more on there.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Pitch Slapped, Groove for Thought, Sonos, Whiffenpoofs, Committed are also on there.

Oh no! I love that show. Darn!

+ Reply to Thread