+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off

FORT Fogey

Re: The Sing-Off

My favs are Pentatonix, Afro Blue, and Dartmouth Aires.
    NCLurker likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought the judges got it wrong last night. I think that first group that performed (can't remember their name....Collective Soul?) should have gone, and the Yellow Jackets should have stayed.

Got to admit that Pentatonix is seriously good. Hadn't made up my mind until last night. I really admire the female member of the group. She fits in extremely well.

Afro Blue's performance was pretty complex. I thought they were in danger of going home, but they did a great job. There was just sooooo much of it.

The guys from Dartmouth really turned it out!!!

I really don't want to like BYU, but they, too, brought it last night. Part of me was bummed, but I had to give it up for them!
    tapper01 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

eh? The Yellow Jackets were the right choice to go home and in fact should have gone home last week (they had a safe easy simple song and they didn't do much with it) over Collective. You are referring to Urban Method who actually did well except that their 3 women are not as strong singers as most of the other women in the competition (they had 3 songs to do but only 2 women did the lead). YJ comes across as flat to me and they are more like a choir without instrumental accompaniment rather than an acappella group. They lack dynamics and they depend more on histrionics. Their lead singers too are not as strong as the other lead singers from the college groups.

This is for Pentatonix's game to lose.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 11-01-2011 at 08:08 PM.

FORT Fogey

LOVE the Aires - wow, that medley, the first performance that I had to go back and watch AGAIN. I also love Afro Blue!! The young Janet Jackson was so fun - I'd forgotten that song and the singer pulled her off.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Was it as totally obvious to everyone else at the end, that as they called the groups' names to say they were still in the game, they went in order of how well they did? Of course, that is subjective, but it seemed to me that the groups the judges liked best were called first: Dartmouth Aires, Pentatonix... sort of takes away any doubt! OTOH, the judges are pretty transparent. It's obvious when they are really bowled over and when they're looking for things to compliment the group on.

Queen songs were practically made for groups like these. I only started watching this about halfway through last year, but this is the first time I remember seeing any Queen numbers. They were just great. Good choices.

was a great show but I was sorry to see the Y-Jays go

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

One of the competitors said that they were in a musical group with Sara at UCLA - can anyone remember who?

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2 View Post
    One of the competitors said that they were in a musical group with Sara at UCLA - can anyone remember who?
    I don't remember his name but he was the red-haired member of the group "Sonos". Hope that helps.

ETA - I looked on the official site and it has the boys in the group listed as Chris Harrison and Benjamin McLain - so one of those is his name. My memory is not the best but after seeing the names I think I remember it being Chris.

looking forward to another good night

FORT Fanatic

Darn, satellite is going out! Hopefully it will come back on. Delilah just finished their first song... Dream on.

Love the Pentatonix....

+ Reply to Thread