+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off

FORT Fogey

Re: The Sing-Off

As much as I like Jerry Lawson and TOTT, I don't think they'll appeal to the younger demographic, and so this contest is really between Committeed, SCS, and BB's. While my heart is with SCS, I put alot of weight into overall need and the ability of groups to make

Committed - needs it the most.

Street Corner Symphony - need it 2nd most.

Backbeat - will be just fine (whether together as a singing group or one their own as college grads). I do think that the female leads and even Kenton may have good things in store form them beyond this competition - but as a result of this competition.

So, for me, it comes down to Committed and SCS. My tastes are definately in the SCS camp but I suppose I would be reluctantly o.k. with a Committed victory (even they don't do a single thing for me.

I read a couple of days ago that the Singoff has been such a hit that they are expanding the finale 1/2 hour longer. ( Just to let you know in case you wanted to set recorders for it.)

I LOVE this show! Pure talent. I wish they'd give it the same treatment that Fox does American Idol. Make it a bigger thing and stretch it out over more weeks. I love AI, but it's getting too gimmicky even for loyal fans like myself... So far the only lip syncing I've seen on this show has been during the opening number when all the groups sing together-- and AI does that,too. But during the actual competition it's live. Obviously since there have been a couple of lines messed up. I love how full it sounds with no musical instruments involved!

Canada's High Arctic, on the Arctic Ocean

No comments about the finale?!? I loved it, although the Backbeats were off tune more than on. I am thrilled that Committed won...love them. I also loved Neil Diamond with Committed and Street Corner Symphony backing him up. Great finale. Congrats Committed!!! Thanks
    Karey

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KareyR2;4130675;
    No comments about the finale?!? I loved it, although the Backbeats were off tune more than on. I am thrilled that Committed won...love them. I also loved Neil Diamond with Committed and Street Corner Symphony backing him up. Great finale. Congrats Committed!!! Thanks
    Karey
    Thanks for the info on who won. I wasn't able to watch yesterday - but will watch it online today.

I LOVED it!! I was hoping for Committed to win, but would have been happy with Streetcorner. LOVED the 2 of them with Neil, but BIIM and Committed made the hair on my arms stand up. SO happy with this outcome!
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

A wonderful show! Great talent! Very impressed with all of the groups.
    My top two favorites, were the top two, boy am I happy!
    I am glad that Committed won, they are soooo talented!
    Keep this show on!! Yay!!

Loved that my fav group won. I really wish this was longer than 3 weeks. It is way better than American Idol or Dancing with the Stars or any of those type of shows.

FORT Fogey

This show was so much fun to watch! The pure talent and earnest participants was so refreshing to hear and see.

Wasn't this a fantastic show to watch?! Pure talent without instruments. I LOVED both Committed and Street Corner Symphony. Too bad both couldn't have won. (I guess both did with all the exposure) Please make this show a bigger event next year and let us watch people with real talent. I get so sick of the oddballs they push down our throats during January on American Idol. They think we want to see people making fools of themselves, like we're all Jerry Springer fans or something....

And the Neil Diamond group sing WAS great! He should hire some of those people to back him up onstage in his tour--- they made him sound so much better than normal. Just great.

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;4119703;
    I am so excited this is back December 6.

Too bad the Warblers are not on it. This thread piqued my interest in Glee and it is now a Tuesday must in my house.
    I just learned that S1s The Beelzebubs are the Warblers
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

+ Reply to Thread