+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Sing-Off

Tonight is the next round!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

This is such a great show. OTR and Committed are my two favorite teams. However, Jerry Lawson and his group and Street Corner Symphony, I love both of these teams too. Its gonna be hard to make a final decision on these groups as they are all so good. I love the judges, they know what they're talking about and they do make it so I can understand what they are talking about. Wish these seasons were longer because this is so much fun to watch.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

I like ALL of the remaining groups. I will hate that someone has to go home

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4127478;
    I like ALL of the remaining groups. I will hate that someone has to go home
    Wow. The 2nd half of the show is killer. They were ALL exceptional. I have a feeling my fav is going to go (SCS).

FORT Regular

All moving on to the finale on Monday night...

I think I like Committed the best

I hate the fact that Jerry and the Talk of the Town is getting a free ride. They can't possibly be better than a couple of groups that have been eliminated. They are just a standard acapella group, nothing fancy, nothing spectacular. Pretty generic.

FYI, American Idol needs a Rock Hits theme and I have yet to hear "Creep" sang in AI. And speaking of AI, they should have recruited Ben Folds to be a judge and fire the ass off Randy Jackson.
    Last edited by jammyjoe; 12-16-2010 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;4127740;
    I hate the fact that Jerry and the Talk of the Town is getting a free ride. They can't possibly be better than a couple of groups that have been eliminated. They are just a standard acapella group, nothing fancy, nothing spectacular. Pretty generic.

FYI, American Idol needs a Rock Hits theme and I have yet to hear "Creep" sang in AI. And speaking of AI, they should have recruited Ben Folds to be a judge and fire the ass off Randy Jackson.
    Whoo Hoo..to that idea! I too think Jerry and crew are getting a "ride" so to speak, however, they are very very entertaining. I think that these 4 groups are all good at what they do. Street Corner Symphony could play in most any small venue (bar style)..they have that kick back style where I wanna grab a drink and sing along!

Committed seems to turn any song they sing into "church"..not syaing that is bad..just saying that I always feel like I have been to "church" when they are done..most times that is a good thing.

Backbeats..they are energetic and can change things up...so it depends on where they will "work"..Sometimes I think Disney is calling but when they get a bit serious like last night! WOW!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Committed is just rich, rich, rich in spirit and in talent! I still say they take it all. Watched last night's show this morning, and I didn't know HOW they were going to decide who to send home. Jerry Lawson and his group....they show the youngsters how it's done, and what is enduring. I started out calling Street Corner Symphony "The Rednecks", but I've got to give them their respect. I think The Backbeats are the weakest out of a group of really heavy talent....but they are pretty spectacular, too!!! That cello that the Backbeats founder did was totally amazing and did not get enough credit!!! His cello was my favorite part of the whole song.

Monday is the final night! One of the things I really like about this competition is that they get in there, get it done, and get the show over with, without cramming it down you throat week after week after week. And they give you a lot of quality, in the process. We are stuck with too many competition shows that drag out waaaay too long.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I voted for Street Corner Symphony to win, but I will be happy as long as it is not the Talk of the Town group. Though Talk of the Town is talented I think better groups were eliminated over them and that have been over hyped this season.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread