+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Sing-Off

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The Sing-Off

Jerry Lawson and Talk of the Town: True old school! They did Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones. It was a little fast, but the party was ON!!! I bought a doo-wop CD several years ago, and they are true to form!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On The Rocks: Bless their hearts, my chief complaint with them is that there are too many of them....15! Lots of pelvic thrusting and rolling! They sang a medly of tunes (which included We Will Rock You, and Pour Some Sugar on Me(?) and, got to give it to them, they were putting it down!! Enjoyed them!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Groove For Thought: These are the music teachers. They changed the lead singer tonight (it's usually the guy that wears the glasses and the cap), and her vocals were not as, continuously, smooth as his are. She kept making me want to clear my throat when she would have a "boo-boo".

Committed: Full-bodied and robust sound! I hear a lot of Take 6 and Boyz-2-Men in these guys. It's amazing how their voices blend and that they found each other. They are ridicuously talented!! They did Ill Be Watching You by The Police. The judges didn't think they rocked it enough, for the genre. It was mellow. I loved it!

Backbeats: "Love Shack". Love this song! They did an admirable job, with cute choreography. They spread the lead around this time. Love that they have a female percussionist.

Street Corner Symphony: "Come On Eileen". I think I prefer the guys from Dexy's, anyday. The sound was even thinner than before.....almost see-through. Their kick-line did not work for me, either.

Jerry Lawson and Talk of The Town: "Easy", by The Commodores. Sexxxxy!! Whomever is arranging their deliveries is a star! The falsetto shocked me. It was too easy...no pun intended. These guys almost can't be touched!

Goove For Thought: You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall and Oates: Back to the usual lead singer, with a little by the female, and she did a better job with this one. Tight harmonies. I still say I hear a lot of Manhattan Transfer, and I like it.

These guys are definitely picking their own songs. The second set is called "Guilty Pleasures"....they get to sing what makes them feel good.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-13-2010 at 09:34 PM.

On The Rocks: Kyrie Eleison by ?. Good job! Very melodic and harmonious.

Committed: I Want It That Way by Backstreet Boys. If these guys had as much money as they do sound, they'd never want for anything again! The ladies loved it, of course!

+ Reply to Thread