+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Steven Seagal Lawman (A&E)

Steven Seagal Lawman (A&E)

Anyone watch the debut this week? I was never one for action movies but Seagal's films were a great guilty pleasure for me and I'm embarrassed to say how many times I've watched Above The Law and Hard To Kill.

I was really intrigued to hear that he has been functioning as a real law enforcement officer on the down low for so many years and had to check out the show. I liked it a lot, except I would prefer that they cut down the Cops-type chases and arrests and focus more on his training of other officers. His marksmanship and martial arts skills are truly impressive. He's an interesting guy, too. Worth a watch.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Steven Seagal Lawman (A&E)

I just caught this. I kind of have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, I've got serious issues with the Jeff Parish SO, both from their well-documented racist practices over the past decades and from my professional dealings with their civil division, so I really don't like to see them aggrandized in any manner and hope that maybe some of that--especially the racial issues--be addressed through the series.

On the other hand, Steven Seagal does have incredible marksman skills and does know his stuff about martial arts. I agree, AJane--I wish they focused more on that.

The only thing that has me laughing are the shots of the French Quarter...in Orleans Parish! I guess the editors aren't counting on the majority of the viewers knowing where the parish line is.

Steven Seagal??? Really??? C'mon! I'm just going to skip this one. I find him to be too unbearable to watch!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

I watched this for the first time tonight. I liked it alot. I also love all those old Steven Seagal action flicks.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I want to watch it and eventually I will, so I will withold opinions until then. I used to have a HUGE crush on him.

I watched the 1st one. I reminded me of Cops, but with a celebrity. It was amusing, but I don't think I'll make an effort to watch. My mom told me that she read somewhere that he isn't a full time sheriff, but more of a reserve-type office. I think in the article they interviewed someone else that was on the force & he said prior to this he would maybe come in & "work" 3-4 times/year. That's my problem with the show is that they are making it seem like he's been on the force full-time protecting the streets for 20 years.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

I can't follow anything that happens on this show. I'm too mesmerized by his hair! What sort of hair IS that?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio;3766212;
    I can't follow anything that happens on this show. I'm too mesmerized by his hair! What sort of hair IS that?
    You have to have mesmerizing hair to get a show on A&E. Dog The Bounty Hunter and his entourage...that creepy house-flipping guy from San Antonio, can never remember his name...Gene Simmons...Bill Kurtis..

He's a (former) action movie hero, a rabid environmentalist, a reserve deputy sherriff, an expert marksman, a martial arts instructor, and he can even play the blues. Is there anything NOT to love about Steven Seagal? Now I know why I disliked Survivor's Coach so much...he was trying to rip off Seagal's whole persona, and he just couldn't pull it off.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread