+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

Re: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

I am normally so spoiled by those of you east of me...no one watched? I am watching the show with 20 minutes to go. All three collections look much more cohesive than they did in previous episodes.

I liked the third collection the best...

FORT Fogey

WT...!?! I really thought Merle had it in the bag! I guess that collection would be hard to produce. And Lisa said it would be a nightmare in the store with women trying it on. I guess, what lost it for Merle and Thai is that the pieces are complicated with the snaps and what-haves. It would do better as smaller scale venture, like the gowns (which are the bee's knees), on a limited edition or as "available upon request" pieces.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by watts;3817829;
    WT...!?! I really thought Merle had it in the bag! I guess that collection would be hard to produce. And Lisa said it would be a nightmare in the store with women trying it on. I guess, what lost it for Merle and Thai is that the pieces are complicated with the snaps and what-haves. It would do better as smaller scale venture, like the gowns (which are the bee's knees), on a limited edition or as "available upon request" pieces.
    I thought the judges got it wrong, Merle should have won. She designed a beautiful, sophisticated and elegant line, and I hope that she does very well with it. I would have been thrilled to wear any of her pieces. They were gorgeous. The winner's designs were very ho-hum. They were okay, but nothing special.

So who won? I'm mildly curious, but didn't care enough to actually watch another episode. It was just too painful.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3817915;
    I thought the judges got it wrong, Merle should have won. She designed a beautiful, sophisticated and elegant line, and I hope that she does very well with it. I would have been thrilled to wear any of her pieces. They were gorgeous. The winner's designs were very ho-hum. They were okay, but nothing special.
    Dang! I got home at about 9:50 last, night - just in time, I thought, to watch the LML finale. Instead I saw the 3 finalists and their professionals on stage. I did get to see their lines parade by. I too thought Merle's was hand's-down the best. The dresses were gorgeous and it really looked like a cohesive line.

The LML website has a poll and 45% of respondents like Merle's line best, 34% for Kathy, and 27% for Eric.

Am I going nuts or was Sophia from Project Runway modeling Merle's line? She was in the long tan evening gown.

I thought Merle was going to win as well. I think her clothing looked better than Rose's. However, I think that Merle's line would've been cost prohibitive in manufacturing and sales. And, face it, as someone who used to work in selling women's dresses, her dress parts would've been a HUGE pain in the rear to keep up with. I can see dress parts falling under the racks!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

While Merle's line was nice, I still couldn't figure out who would zip a functioning pocket at the bottom of a skirt. That made no sense to me at all. It would destroy the line of the garment to put anything in the pocket.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3818106;
    While Merle's line was nice, I still couldn't figure out who would zip a functioning pocket at the bottom of a skirt. That made no sense to me at all. It would destroy the line of the garment to put anything in the pocket.
    I was thinking the same thing. You'd end up with weird bulges along the hem.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Like Merle, I was shocked Kathy won. Unlike Merle, I was glad :-) Merle did some really cool stuff (and the gown was gorgeous), but I didn't like her. And Kathy and Emil did a lot of work to make their line cohesive. I also thought that Eric did a good job on his line.

I kept wondering what Merle's stuff would look like on the hangar, and thought the point of "pieces all over the store" was a good one. (I was wondering what would happen when some over-zealous customer broke a snap/zipper/whatever while testing out the convertability of the clothes, too.)

Was it just me, or did Merle give the same look that Miss Texas did when she was called as 2nd runner up in Miss Congeniality?!?

I thought Merle should have won, but the look she gave was funny. I'm so glad they allowed them to fix their errors. The lines all looked good to me.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread