+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

FORT Fogey

Re: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

I believe in avant garde and couture one of a kind pieces but Patrick's collection was hideous and badly made. They look like Halloween costumes. Maybe if it were better made, it could be OK or maybe even pass for Rodarte.

I totally agree with ClosetWatcher and RealityLoves! Coco sabotaged Marilyn every week. She always dropped the ball and threw Marilyn under the bus. I thought the show was about people who did not know how to technical construct clothes that had a dream of doing so. The experts were there to assist the dreamer in making garments a reality. Coco never supported anything Marilyn wanted to do--ever. She was not cooperating and a downer the entire show. I mean she really used her abilities against Marilyn. Notice, when Marilyn finally said okay we'll do what you want to do. She lost? I think it was totally unfair that Marilyn had to deal with that mess and not fire her and get a new expert. The other drama queen expert who always gives Patrick a headache should have been kicked off too. I mean that type of behavior on the job should not be acceptable--even in the fashion industry.

Nevertheless, I normally liked what Marilyn envisioned. I liked her style. I also like the convertible clothes designer. I like the concept.

Galina admitted that Eric truly didn't design in the previous episodes. She did.

Also, the fabric selections look horrid. I didn't like the rush on the first show to pick fabrics. That takes time and frankly I'm sick of seeing the same fabric over and over again.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3799367;
    Galina admitted that Eric truly didn't design in the previous episodes. She did.

Also, the fabric selections look horrid. I didn't like the rush on the first show to pick fabrics. That takes time and frankly I'm sick of seeing the same fabric over and over again.
    Good point. Collections have recurring themes but it doesn't have to be an overused pattern.

So tonight is the Finale...I'm amazed at how little I've taken to this show...I guess a second season will never happen either...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This is only the first half of the finale. I wasn't particularly thrilled with this show, either, but I love most competition shows.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've finally figured out what's missing from this show!

It's soooo obvious that I should've spotted it earlier but I just couldn't put my finger on it. I noticed that KaraSaun got all "Tim Gunn" on the contestants/designers. She was giving solid advice to them instead of just standing there and making kooky expressions on her face like how D&D does. I've learned so much from Project Runway. Some coming from Tim Gunn's guidance. D&D are completely high fashion. I'd simply would love to peek in their minds to see how they tick by advising the contestants/designers. D&D are basically wasting their and, I had to add, my time being on this show. It may was well be me frittering about in the studio! I realize this is their first show, so I hope next season will be much improved.

And I've finally figured out how to tell Dean and Dan apart! Whoo hoo! Dean always has his face in a tight expression. Even when he talks and he's a heck of a lot more serious. Dan is the type of person who always has a smile on his face even if he's not feeling so happy. Dan seems like he know s a good time dto be had by all.

I wish I could afford their clothes!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing D&D drove their mother crazy, and had their own language.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

They are a bit freaky with the twin thing. Is it strange that its the finale and I don't know names? I want the DJ to win. Yes, his collection is classless but at least it is unique. He is definitely going out in third place. At least he will have the cheap and easy market covered. There is just too much competition for the other women.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3810693;
    I'm guessing D&D drove their mother crazy, and had their own language.
    I have watched every episode and still can't figure out what it is that DSquared says to the contestants when the time clock starts on each challenge. It sounds like gibberish to me . Does anyone know what they said?

+ Reply to Thread