+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

Re: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

LOVED seeing Lady Gaga on last night!!
    KAREN

Loved seeing Lady Gaga, but this show is not growing on me.

The designer that was paired up with Marilyn was awful. She seems really high maintenance and I could not believe she was crying!! Marilyn may not have had all the technical words to describe her vision, but it seemed like the designer should be able to use drawings to attempt a translation and that would be a better vehicle for Marilyn to explain where her vision differs. While I did not care for Marilyn's dress last night I thought it was way way better than the other bottom guy that stayed - his looked like a tacky Halloween costume. Most of the outfits Marilyn has deigned I thought were pretty and looked comfortable to wear as well, which I think is fabulous. JMO.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3788422;
    Loved seeing Lady Gaga, but this show is not growing on me.

The designer that was paired up with Marilyn was awful. She seems really high maintenance and I could not believe she was crying!! Marilyn may not have had all the technical words to describe her vision, but it seemed like the designer should be able to use drawings to attempt a translation and that would be a better vehicle for Marilyn to explain where her vision differs. While I did not care for Marilyn's dress last night I thought it was way way better than the other bottom guy that stayed - his looked like a tacky Halloween costume. Most of the outfits Marilyn has deigned I thought were pretty and looked comfortable to wear as well, which I think is fabulous. JMO.
    I agree. I don't know if anybody else noticed this but didn't it seem as though they were trying to get us to sympathize with the expert, Coco, at the end? I mean, the whole time she was being very horrible to Marilyn and then she gets all kinds of compliments at the end. It was strange. Nobody said anything bad about her or gave her what she deserved. I was confused by this. I am sorry to see Marilyn go. I thought she was doing a great job considering she was doing it all on her own. She really had the drive and a creative mind. Coco was supposed to be the expert. She ruined things for Marilyn.
    I forgot the name of the Dandy. The guy who was in the bottom this week. He should have gone home. Nobody on the panel mentioned the horrible train his dress had going on in the back. I almost feel it was intentionally left out to make Marilyn's elimination more understandable. Something was just not right about this episode. It was unsettling.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3788472;
    I agree. I don't know if anybody else noticed this but didn't it seem as though they were trying to get us to sympathize with the expert, Coco, at the end? I mean, the whole time she was being very horrible to Marilyn and then she gets all kinds of compliments at the end. It was strange. Nobody said anything bad about her or gave her what she deserved. I was confused by this. I am sorry to see Marilyn go. I thought she was doing a great job considering she was doing it all on her own. She really had the drive and a creative mind. Coco was supposed to be the expert. She ruined things for Marilyn.
    I forgot the name of the Dandy. The guy who was in the bottom this week. He should have gone home. Nobody on the panel mentioned the horrible train his dress had going on in the back. I almost feel it was intentionally left out to make Marilyn's elimination more understandable. Something was just not right about this episode. It was unsettling.
    I completely agree. I really thought they were trying to make us sympathize with the designer and it seemed really odd to me. SHE was the one walking out and leaving Marilyn to figure it out and do the work!!

Patrick is the dandy guy (I had to go look it up!) That train was a hot mess and the way it moved - GAH! It's like train/bustle had a life of its own and moved independently of the rest of the dress. Ick!

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;3786629;
    Nope, a must-not-see show for me and I never miss a clothing reality show. Project Runway was wonderful on Bravo, not so much on Lifetime. I'm not happy with the switch and the city move. I love L.A, I'm headed there in June for a makeup convention, and I will hit the garment district, but I miss NYC with PR. This show is a poor imitation in a desperate attempt to keep the PR fans and it's not well thought out, nor appealling. Bravo made a huge mistake in losing PR. HUGE!
    Totally agree. This show is horrid. The only way I'd welcome a season 2 is if George Clooney were on it...........

Marilyn does throw zingers out there and then seems surprised when the other person takes it personally. I think it was a huge personality conflict at the start, different ideas about what the professionals role is, and communication breakdown when Marilyn couldn't voice the concept she said she had. Also, instead of zinging her professional about not being able to make what she designed (in her head), she should have listened and learned why it wasn't feasible. Then work on it from there. Anyone can sketch a basic design, then have the designer step in and grandiose it up.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Oh, no! I'm afraid for Merle! That coat/jacket looked hideous. I hope I'm wrong. I lik"ed" (past) brocade when Prada came up with its brocade collection years ago but I'm not sure about that brown fabric. Eric or Patrick needs to go next, and not Merle. Fingers crossed!

FORT Fogey

I'm glad Merle made it (and won, to boot). But I'm afraid for next week after I saw her and Thai arguing about their dress about not having the right fabric and so she wants to change their concept, or something. Anyway, PR7 tom. Woohoo!!! PS How funny is "I hate denim. Denim is for farmers." Haha!

FORT Fogey

I am kind of sad to see Patrick go. His line was very impractical. I'm not a fan of mass-produced couture. It gets watered down. Some of his clothes were quite bad.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Patrick was long overdue for being ousted.

I really don't get this show, anyway.

Is one of the little DSquared guys wearing a hearing aid?

It's amazing how much LouAnna looks like her father.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-16-2010 at 09:38 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread