+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

Re: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

Really, really DISLIKE THIS SHOW. Its so stupid. Bravo's gotta realize they'll never match the popularity of Project Runway. Ever. They couldn't do it with Isaac Mizrahi (sp?) and they will not see it with Launch My Line. I do not see a S2 for this show.

No Season 2 if they continue to cast cartoon characters as designers or experts. (or hosts)
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by mom2;3772562;
    No Season 2 if they continue to cast cartoon characters as designers or experts. (or hosts)
    Good one!

FORT Fogey

I so love this show! I'm surprised at some of the comments. And I think it was well-thought of that an immunity was granted the most talented for the next challenge would have something to do with Lady Gaga. And I loved Merle's collection so far and her vision of convertability and I love that she was paired off with the most talented expert (Thai). Love the synergy of those two. And I agree that Anne Hathaway or Amy Adams need to grab that gown (I die!). And the designs are not boring or simple (well, not all of them). And I'm not really disliking Vanessa's collection (at least she was original and was sticking to her guns) and I know a lot of girls who dress like that at clubs (and I don't mind the pockets on the hips). I didn't find her collection contrived, at all (except for the "Gaudi" fountain-inspired ensemble). But I think for a fashion show, contrived is OK because we all know that when it hits the stores, it would be more wearable. People need to stop comparing this show with Project Runway, really!

It is too bad that Vanessa got sent home before the Lady Gaga challenge... that one would be right up her alley. Her dress looked very well made and wearable, except for the large pockets on the hips.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

The show is growing on me. I didn't like the first couple of episodes very much, but I do appreciate some of the clothes, and it doesn't seem any worse than any of the other fashion competitions. EXCEPT the 'trim room' rules are so ridiculous. I don't know where the powers that be come up with some of these stupid rules, but they are really annoying. So are the twin hosts, but I'm not finding them as unwatchable as some of you guys. . . and of course, I always have my fast forward button in my hand to quickly get through the stuff I don't want to watch!

FORT Fogey

I feel like Bravo is forgetting what made Top Chef and Project Runway so popular - it was the fact that the kitsch level was SO low, and the respectability level was so high. Bravo, as a network, is moving away from respectable competition shows and towards drama. They want to be shocking, but what they're producing is like a bad cartoon.

So true! I would rather watch a real fashion/cooking competition with a tiny bit of inside information about the contestants than a show with cartoon characters for contestants.

Yes, I know I'm still watching, but what else is there????
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

I was upset Dan was the first to go! He was the only designer I was really familiar with! I think this show is so much better than The Fashion Show. These designers are more talented. I think there are too many people on the show. It is hard to remember who is who. And it is hard to recall the past outfits and know if the new outfits fit in the collection. But I love the idea of this show. I think it needs to be a little simpler. Perhaps if the challenges weren't so wacky, would could learn a little bit more about the personalities of the designers and their experts.

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

Nope, a must-not-see show for me and I never miss a clothing reality show. Project Runway was wonderful on Bravo, not so much on Lifetime. I'm not happy with the switch and the city move. I love L.A, I'm headed there in June for a makeup convention, and I will hit the garment district, but I miss NYC with PR. This show is a poor imitation in a desperate attempt to keep the PR fans and it's not well thought out, nor appealling. Bravo made a huge mistake in losing PR. HUGE!
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

+ Reply to Thread