+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

Re: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;3763003;
    The twins are creeping me out. Not the best concept to go with twins and then they're overly quirky on top of it.
    Twins dressing alike when they are children is cute... when adults, not so much. These 2 are really very strange.

I couldn't understand some of the crazy rules they had for the competition such as the non-sewer selecting the fabrics for the collection, only the non-sewer is allowed in the "trim room" (what an idiotic catch phrase BTW). It seems like they are setting these people up to fail from the start.

FORT Fogey

I'm looking forward to Merle Ginsberg's line. I love that her pieces can be worn so many ways. She's only designed two ensembles so far yet it's like, at least, five dresses. Bang for your buck. I was appalled at how snotty Louanna was at that model giving her opinion (yeah, sure, she's just the model but she didn't have to be rude to her) and I agree with Roberto that that dress she won by has been done so many times. And so with the JLo dress that won tonight, SO DONE! Eric is riding his designer to the end.

I tried to gve this show another shot but after 10 minutes I turned it off.

Those twins,, WHEEW...I thought I was the only one who found them the most annoying element of this show. The voices, the mannerisms were just too much for me. I wanted to break my ear drums.

This concept just can not work. Too many egos involved. This is another of Bravo's attempts at making a different version of Project Runway & they have failed miserably both times however at least I could tolerate Issac Mizrahi.

No wonder I LOVE Michael Kors.

FORT Fogey

The twins are an acquired taste. They were the finale guest judges on ANTM season 2 and the final 2 girls walked a runway show in Milan for Dsquared. I have a large collection of their vintage shirts (their newer shirts are boring). They were huge in Europe. It actually helps (to see past the annoyance factor) if you see them as knowledgeable and respected designers. And it also helps if you love clothes. For me I live for these "design" shows because you get to see how fashion is made - from the inspiration, to the sketching, to the execution, to the styling, etc. The drama is meant to entice people who love reality shows.

The twins might be annoying, but they do know their stuff. I just loved that moment when they took pantsuit girl's ensemble and showed, in just two moves, how it would have been so much better by pairing the blouse with a short skirt, or taking the sleeves out of the blouse and leaving the pants as they were. They have a great eye. Too bad they liked that winning monstrosity with the butterfly. Oh well, at least it was memorable (although not in the right way for me, but cheap and tacky is a sensibility). I love the runway show. You can really see the garments. And although it has only been two challenges, they have been better than most of the ones foisted on us by PR6. And I love they don't pair models with designers. This way, hopefully, we will get to see more of Amanda. She was in PR3 and she is a fierce walker with a great look.

This is why I love my DVR & remote: They let me zip zap through the nonsense & get to what I watch these competition shows for: the actual product being judged. (Survivor & Amazing Race being the exception to this rule, just because.)

Did anyone else find the twins and the contestants kind of sinister?

Well, I just got mad at BRAVO (for airing this awful show) and switched to Ghost Hunters Academy! Pretty sad! I've tried watching it but this week was the last time. I find the twins creepy also but they are not my main problem. It just bothers me when people just decide that they can do something that they have NO experience with. Most of them don't even have their own personal style. The ones that do don't have good or sellable ones. Just because "Mr. Tattooed Eyebrows, Dandy Man" has fun walking around, drawing attention to himself doesn't mean that he has ANY real taste. I feel bad for the helpers because they have more experience than these idiots but can't do too much to change the outcome. What makes Project Runway so good? Heidi, Tim and the judges are all great and they have contestants that know what they are doing (some more than others). I would rather watch reruns of PR than new episodes of this stinker!

Ok which set of twins are stranger...The "Icky's" from Girl's Next Door or the "D-Squared" twins?
    I think if I were either of their mothers I would be ripping out my ovaries as to not populate the world with anymore of this.
    These 2 are talented, don't get me wrong, but I would rather listen to an hour of nails on a chalkboard or ballon than listen to them speak a word.

They just creep me out.

FORT sun

[QUOTE=busilis32;3766538;] Too bad they liked that winning monstrosity with the butterfly. Oh well, at least it was memorable (although not in the right way for me, but cheap and tacky is a sensibility). I love the runway show. You can really see the garments.

Although I find Project Runway far more appealing. This show gives the contestants challenges that are interesting.

+ Reply to Thread