+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

Re: Launch My Line (Bravo) - Premieres Wed. Dec. 2

I'm trying not to make a final judgment the show just yet. I was definitely not too impressed with this episode.

I was bummed they eliminated Dan Karaty first. He wasn't my fav choreographer when he was on SYTYCD, but at least I knew who he was!! Also, I didn't think he was the worst. I definitely didn't like his outfit, but he had a decent concept - it just was poorly executed. I figured they would keep jumpsuit girl for a while, but her outfit was hideous.

That record guy could really annoy the heck out of me. I could not believe when he got into an argument with that woman when he clearly too fabric from pile and then said something like "I know how women are!" WTH!? He knows jack!

Then there were the top three.
    (1) The woman with the convertible pieces that looked basic but were really interesting. I wouldn't have known they were that versatile from looking at them.
    (2) The woman with the flowy top that converted from hood to off the shoulder. I thought this one was very attractive and the judges said that she got by far the most votes in the audience vote. I thought she should have won.
    (3) The woman with the "draped" silver dress. She was the winner and I just don't get it at all. It wasn't ugly, but it was basic and boring. Her sketch was more interesting. Rami from PR could drape circles around this woman. And she placement of the zipper was weird, you could see it bouncing around all over on the runway.

I'll watch again, but if they keep down the road they are on I could give up on it quickly. I also wish that Dan and Dean had some kind of distinguishing characteristic that would allow us to catch on to their individual personalities. Nametags or lapel pins or something...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3762330;
    (3) The woman with the "draped" silver dress. She was the winner and I just don't get it at all. It wasn't ugly, but it was basic and boring. Her sketch was more interesting. Rami from PR could drape circles around this woman. And she placement of the zipper was weird, you could see it bouncing around all over on the runway.
    I couldn't believe they chose that one as the winner. I had her pegged as the one going home. That dress was so pedestrian and not special at all. The leopard print top designer should have won. It wasn't my cup of tea, but it stood out from the rest of the designs, along with the outfit with all the convertible pieces. The model really worked that outfit on the runway, btw. She really showed off how versatile the outfit was.

I thought Bravo couldn't do worse than The Fashion Show, but this one may prove me wrong. I'm going to give it another week to see if it improves. Based on the previews, I'm not too optimistic.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The hosts drive me crazy, the wrong person won this task, the professional designers don't seem professional to me, the contestants were picked more for their wackiness than for having a shot at winning. I'll still watch next week, but the hope is gone.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3762595;
    I couldn't believe they chose that one as the winner. I had her pegged as the one going home. That dress was so pedestrian and not special at all. The leopard print top designer should have won. It wasn't my cup of tea, but it stood out from the rest of the designs, along with the outfit with all the convertible pieces. The model really worked that outfit on the runway, btw. She really showed off how versatile the outfit was.

I thought Bravo couldn't do worse than The Fashion Show, but this one may prove me wrong. I'm going to give it another week to see if it improves. Based on the previews, I'm not too optimistic.
    So lets see...a fashion reality show where the wrong people stay and the right ones leave.....yea sounds like a typical Bravo reality show

I, too, was sorry to see Dan Karaty leave. I liked him and thought he had more potential that several of the others.

I did like the draped dress because I personally like the draped style. But for those who don't, do you really think Bravo was going to send the daughter of Lou Rawls home early?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3762752;
    I did like the draped dress because I personally like the draped style. But for those who don't, do you really think Bravo was going to send the daughter of Lou Rawls home early?
    I didn't hate the dress or anything, but I certainly wasn't bowled over by it. I definitely didn't like the fabric, which seemed too prom dress-y to me. Even if Lou Rawls is still a big deal (I'm not so sure), there were others who should have gone before Dan. Maybe he should have made the tails on the jacket longer, but that jumpsuit was horrid and that designer should have gotten the boot.

Those D Squared guys are just plan creepy.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The twins are creeping me out. Not the best concept to go with twins and then they're overly quirky on top of it.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I liked this show and seem to be in the minority. But there was something interesting and almost charming about it to me. Wasn't Dan Karaty on SYTYCD? He did not have the worst outfit. That awful heart jumpsuit should have been dropped or the other one in the B3. I actually thought Dan was onto something if only he had taken the resk and made the tails on the jacket longer.

PR was such a huge disappointment to me this year that I think I am willing to give any fashion type show a shot to take up the void created by having to endure that really bad season.

The twins? I just tune them out, they are really bad hosts and their voices anymore.

I thought the print dress made for the businesswoman was gorgeous. The fit wouldn't work for a plus sized woman (IE average American woman) but I like where she is headed with her line. I'm interested to see what else she does.

Yeah, I found the twins to be quite creepy as well. Enough with the stereophonic talking already!

I thought the casting was way too contrived to the point I was fighting sleep halfway through it. Vegetarians should not watch the show because the cast's acting was just way too hammy. The argument between Kevin and, I think, Galina could've been left on the cutting room floor. And I don't think that Thai could've tried any harder to throw a faker drama-diva-hissyfit when he was told that his area was messy.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny;3761685;
    NO!!!! What a waste of an hour of my life. I've got to figure what else is on at 10 on Wednesdays.
    Dinner:Impossible (once Top Chef is over, of course)!

+ Reply to Thread