+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Storm Chasers: Discovery Channel

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion

Re: Storm Chasers: Discovery Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;4109588;
    It's because he chose to pass the slow moving vehicles in the oncoming traffic lane while going up a hill and having no idea if a car was coming out of the hill and straight for him. It was extremely reckless driving and irresponsible. Now do I think this should cause the funding to be pulled? No. But do I think that Sean's continual rude behavior and complete disrespect of Josh warrant the pulling? Absolutely. I think the reckless driving is just an excuse for Josh and he is just really as fed up of the man as the rest of us are. I do wish they had made it more clear from the very beginning that it was Josh funding the TIV stuff because up until this happened? It was always some nebulous/mysterious backer and I never really understood why Josh seemed to have such a huge say in what TIV did.
    The whole funding thing is puzzling. I wouldn't think Josh is personally putting up the money.

If Josh is getting federal or state funding of his research, I would hope that that money couldn't be used to fund a private production.

If Josh is getting research funding from a private foundation, I suppose he could have written in support for the TIV - but why wouldn't Sean just try to get his own grant?

I can see Josh legitimately paying Sean fees to have weather instruments on the top of the TIV, but I wouldn't think that would be enough to fund the whole operation.

I just wasted some time reading the official website and not a single mention is made of Josh. What I think is from thinking of the way he said "I would recommend" is not that Josh is funding the TIV but that he has a huge say in it being funded and that he has it in for Sean and now sees a way to get him back (this is from the way he was smirking while saying that he was going to recommend the TIV be sent home).

I think Josh has a massive ego (the way he threatened Reed in one episode with his very ability to get future jobs for not falling in line with him and the way he continually threatened Sean). I've always thought Sean was a massive jerk but now I'm beginning to think that perhaps he is being forced to be that way because of the people he is around...Josh with his massive ego and Reed with his also massive ego and tendency to be overly dramatic.

Plus, I can't help but think that this is such a low blow. This team just lost a crew member! Josh's timing couldn't have been worse, does the man not have a heart? He could have just warned them and told them that if they do anything else to bring discredit to the program, then they will be sent home.

Look what I found....maybe somebody should pull Josh's funding for reckless driving? That is one of Josh's Vortex 2 trucks after it ran into a weather lab vehicle.

(my account)

Also, if you look at the video of the reckless driving (the actual video and not the clip they showed on tv), then it becomes clear what happened. The TIV was passing in the legal zone and then the other cars would not let them back in which caused them to go into the illegal zones and Sean to start freaking out and yelling to get back into traffic. Also, remember them showing Josh telling his driver "don't let anybody in?" It was that sort of attitude that caused the TIV to drive illegally.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 11-19-2010 at 10:07 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Kip

LOL at the Vortex2 crash.

I guess I missed the episode where Josh threatened Reed or forgot about it.

Yeah, I thought the footage of Josh telling his driver not to let anyone in was ironic.

Maybe some more info will come out about how it is Josh is controlling the purse strings to Sean's funding. It's curious that nothing was ever mentioned before this . Was it supposed to be some big secret between Josh and Sean? And what would be the purpose of hiding the relationship? Otherwise you'd think that Josh might have mentioned it long before this in order to get Sean to do something he wanted, or that Sean would have griped about having to kowtow to Josh (he seemed to gripe about everything else).

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Is anyone watching this season? I have to say, I laugh every time I see the beginning b/c they've now got the lineup for the "teams", just like they do with the Deadliest Catch guys. They just look so silly!

And I'm also extremely frustrated with the camera shots - they're cutting and moving away and you can hardly see the tornados b/c first they show the tornado and then they show the debris and then they're in the car with the guys and you don't get a clear shot of any of them. It's hard to stay focused when they do this! I'm not sure if they're doing this to make some of the storms seem "deadlier" than they really are or what but I wish they'd stop it; it's making me dizzy!!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin View Post
    Is anyone watching this season? I have to say, I laugh every time I see the beginning b/c they've now got the lineup for the "teams", just like they do with the Deadliest Catch guys. They just look so silly!

And I'm also extremely frustrated with the camera shots - they're cutting and moving away and you can hardly see the tornados b/c first they show the tornado and then they show the debris and then they're in the car with the guys and you don't get a clear shot of any of them. It's hard to stay focused when they do this! I'm not sure if they're doing this to make some of the storms seem "deadlier" than they really are or what but I wish they'd stop it; it's making me dizzy!!
    ME ME!!! Love it!!! What a season this is … YIKES!
    KAREN

Kip

I'm watching too. Reed seems less arrogant this season. Well, I suppose he had to be considering he blew his first few forecasts. Joel seems to be taking a lot of pleasure in Reed's failures.

Yeah, the "team" thing is funny. I think Reed thinks of it as a team sport and he's trying to best everyone else. Sean seems to feel competitive with Reed. Tim seems more like a pure scientist - not trying to beat anyone else.

Kip

Storm chaser Tim Samaras and his son died chasing the Oklahoma tornado. Rest in peace....

‘Storm Chasers’ star Tim Samaras, son die chasing Oklahoma tornado
    Punkin likes this.

This was so tragic. Does anyone know why they didn't get out of the car? I've heard professionals say you cannot stay in a vehicle during a tornado and that you're better off to get out and lay in a ditch or flat on the ground than to say in the vehicle. These people stayed in their vehicle. Tim was found inside with his seat belt on and the other two people were sucked out of the vehicle and were half a mile away. Knowing so much about storms, why didn't they get out? Just curious.

It seemed they knew the storm was coming onto them, because they were heard on their radio saying they were going to die. It's so sad.

It does seem odd that the folks who absolutely knew what to do, didn't do what they should have. Maybe they thought they could outrun it? Or maybe the twister took a turn they weren't anticipating? Sad though.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    It does seem odd that the folks who absolutely knew what to do, didn't do what they should have. Maybe they thought they could outrun it? Or maybe the twister took a turn they weren't anticipating? Sad though.
    That is exactly what happened. The tornado was described as being erratic, and it took a completely unexpected turn. So very sad.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast