+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Storm Chasers: Discovery Channel

Re: Storm Chasers: Discovery Channel

This past week's episode was sure a heartbreaker. Even though I had already heard of Matt's death..I just couldn't help but smile at his laughter and expressions of joy at a mission well done. It has since been reported by TMZ and other media outlets that the medical examiner has confirmed Matt attempted suicide by hanging. A call was placed to 911 and when rescue personnel arrived Matt was still breathing, and according to the report had also been drinking. He died a few days later. God love him.....it's so hard to juxtapose this against that beautiful smile from only a couple of nights before. My heart certainly goes out to all of his family, friends and colleagues that loved him.

Now..about Sean..he doesn't get on my nerves nearly as much as Reed Timmer. Someone ought to stick their foot up his ass. The way he treated Chris (who paid for the gas and bought himself a snack) was ridiculous. Reed is a spoiled brat.
    ....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;4100153;
    This past week's episode was sure a heartbreaker. Even though I had already heard of Matt's death..I just couldn't help but smile at his laughter and expressions of joy at a mission well done. It has since been reported by TMZ and other media outlets that the medical examiner has confirmed Matt attempted suicide by hanging. A call was placed to 911 and when rescue personnel arrived Matt was still breathing, and according to the report had also been drinking. He died a few days later. God love him.....it's so hard to juxtapose this against that beautiful smile from only a couple of nights before. My heart certainly goes out to all of his family, friends and colleagues that loved him.

Now..about Sean..he doesn't get on my nerves nearly as much as Reed Timmer. Someone ought to stick their foot up his ass. The way he treated Chris (who paid for the gas and bought himself a snack) was ridiculous. Reed is a spoiled brat.
    Ok, wow, I did not how Matt died. But so so sad. His last mission was so exciting ... why it had to all end like this ...

Reed, ITA, his hyper screaming when Joel is trying to drive, ugh. And then all that nonsense with the girlfriend needing to replace Chris and ride along. Ugh, Chris had every right to be pissed off AND did I see the gf comes back AGAIN?
    KAREN

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter;4100153;
    [snipped]

I had never liked Reed -- arrogant and a bully. And then a couple of episodes ago, he redeemed himself in my eyes when he stopped to look for victims of the tornado instead of continuing the chase. That was a short-lived redemption. I agree that his treatment of Chris was horrid. It wasn't just that Reed got angry over a non-incident -- but he pushed and pushed it, and took such pleasure in demeaning Chris.

this is from the Storm Chasers Discovery Channel Website, a statement from Matt Hughes wife and mother:

A personal message from Matt's wife Kendra and mother Cindy:

"We want the public to know what his many family, friends, and co-workers already know; Matt Hughes was truly a wonderful and caring person with such a kind and loving spirit. Those around him could not help but love him too."

"Our family never intended to conceal the circumstances surrounding Matt's death in an effort to deceive the public, but rather to allow us to grieve privately, as well as, protect the many young children that have been affected by this tragedy. Depression is an extremely widespread, yet treatable, condition. Receiving education regarding the signs and symptoms of suicidal ideation is essential. Those who know of, or may need help themselves, need to seek treatment or call the "National Suicide Prevention Lifeline" at (800) 273-TALK (8255)."

"We are grateful to so many who have offered their support during Matt's time in the hospital, and the difficult months following his death. Most importantly, we thank God for giving him to us, if only for a short time."

A special memorial fund has been established to benefit Matt's two young sons. Donations can be made to:

Matthew John Hughes Memorial Fund
    c/o Intrust Bank
    142 North Ash
    Valley Center, Kansas 67147

....You can't fix stupid.......Ron "Tater Salad" White

They really had no choice but to say what happened, rumors are an ugly thing and it's better to just put it out there than let the rumors take on a life of their own.

I feel so bad for his family and friends. This next episode is going to be rough, Sean looks devastated and I normally like Reed but to be honest? All of the TIV guys have gotten unbearable. They believe their own hype a bit too much, I wish it was just the Twistex guys. I'd watch a show with them and Josh.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Watching last night's epi and SC showing clips of Matt's last chase ... omg, he could not have looked happier ... just so incredibly sad to think he is gone.
    KAREN

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I didn't really get the whole thing last night with Josh threatening to withdraw Sean's funding if he didn't take the Tiv2 off the road.

From what I understand, the Tiv exhibited some rude driving behavior by going around a line of traffic and this was captured on camera and posted online.

Okay, I can see people being upset about it. But how does taking the TIV off the road fix that? I could see asking Sean to make some sort of public apology, and telling Sean that from now on, the TIV is going to exhibit nothing but exemplary driving manners -- letting people in in front of it, being patient, not cutting anyone off, etc.

Josh's smiling while he was giving Sean this bad news creeped me out. It looked like he was enjoying it. (I did have another thought about his smiling - I wonder if this was something the producers put him up to in order to create some more drama - and he was just smiling as he was delivering his lines. Doesn't seem too likely though - the tornados provide plenty of drama on their own, not to mention Matt's death.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4108709;
    I didn't really get the whole thing last night with Josh threatening to withdraw Sean's funding if he didn't take the Tiv2 off the road.

From what I understand, the Tiv exhibited some rude driving behavior by going around a line of traffic and this was captured on camera and posted online.

Okay, I can see people being upset about it. But how does taking the TIV off the road fix that? I could see asking Sean to make some sort of public apology, and telling Sean that from now on, the TIV is going to exhibit nothing but exemplary driving manners -- letting people in in front of it, being patient, not cutting anyone off, etc.

Josh's smiling while he was giving Sean this bad news creeped me out. It looked like he was enjoying it. (I did have another thought about his smiling - I wonder if this was something the producers put him up to in order to create some more drama - and he was just smiling as he was delivering his lines. Doesn't seem too likely though - the tornados provide plenty of drama on their own, not to mention Matt's death.)

I think that it is because Sean has been working on this video for 12 years ... sheesh ... make the video already. I think Josh is done funding something that appears like it will take forever to complete.

Last night's epi was INTENSE to say the least.
    KAREN

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4109092;
    I think that it is because Sean has been working on this video for 12 years ... sheesh ... make the video already. I think Josh is done funding something that appears like it will take forever to complete.

Last night's epi was INTENSE to say the least.
    Yeah, 12 years is really too long, but I still don't understand why Josh tied it to the TIV's getting caught passing cars in a slow-moving line.

Sean getting his own meteorologist and not following Josh was the best thing that Sean did. It seemed like Josh couldn't get an intercept to save his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip;4109478;
    Yeah, 12 years is really too long, but I still don't understand why Josh tied it to the TIV's getting caught passing cars in a slow-moving line.
    It's because he chose to pass the slow moving vehicles in the oncoming traffic lane while going up a hill and having no idea if a car was coming out of the hill and straight for him.

It was extremely reckless driving and irresponsible.

Now do I think this should cause the funding to be pulled? No. But do I think that Sean's continual rude behavior and complete disrespect of Josh warrant the pulling? Absolutely.

I think the reckless driving is just an excuse for Josh and he is just really as fed up of the man as the rest of us are. I do wish they had made it more clear from the very beginning that it was Josh funding the TIV stuff because up until this happened? It was always some nebulous/mysterious backer and I never really understood why Josh seemed to have such a huge say in what TIV did.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast