+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Chef Academy (Bravo) - Premieres Nov. 16th

Re: Chef Academy (Bravo) - Premieres Nov. 16th

i would watch another season.

kup was a bit vile, but i got where he was coming from with zoe. she was an annoying pain in the azz.

tracey i wasn't so annoyed with . . . . she's a tv producer, so she has to be a bit aggressive. i think she went a bit overboard tho as the head chef.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3795098;
    I hope there is another season of this show. I just hope they don't cast jerks like Kup. He is intolerable and clearly has no respect for women. Tracey is pretty vile too. I hope the cast will be more uniform if there is another season. Housewives shouldn't be competing with career chefs. And they shouldn't do the whole "the whole team passes or fails together" thing. I am not a fan of that.

FORT Fanatic

I taped the last two hours but only backed it up far enough to see who won.

I found I was losing interest as the series progressed. Also, one time recently I believe they ran two new episodes in a row, and I missed one. Just too complicated keeping up with the schedule.

Well, I finally watched the last two episodes. It was sad to see Suzanne fail for the third time and have to leave the academy. I thought it was really gracious of JC and Kitchen to ask Suzanne to host the gala.

Wow, I must admit I liked the Tracie as head chef just to see Kup and Zoe's reactions. One of the best lines of the show was Carissa (a friend of Kup's) say that he thought so highly of himself he would drink his own piss and call it great or was it call it champagne. Now if Zoe had said it their would have been fireworks but since Carissa said it nothing. I must admit it is fun to see the vicious practical jokes JC plays on the cast. First Carissa and then Kyle.

One point that I do ponder over is when JC is asking the students to be honest about their food they tend to overpraise it thinking if they use enough verbiage that the food will taste good instead of saying they think it might be over or under seasoned or over or under cooked. As if being truthful about something is a negative thing or makes you look weak. You could see in the students faces that they knew the food wasn't as good as it should be but they didn't want to admit it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FYI. From WIKI.

Novelli got engaged in November 2007 to his girlfriend of 2 years, Michelle Kennedy, with the couple announcing in February 2008 that they are expecting their first child. On the 29 August 2008, the couple welcomed a healthy baby boy called Jean Frank Patrick Kennedy, in Los Angeles.

WAIT.....I just re-read my own post.......so this was filmed wayyyyy back in 2008!!! Whatttttttttt. How odd.
    KAREN

That is really odd. Or maybe the wiki is wrong. They often are.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3796919;
    That is really odd. Or maybe the wiki is wrong. They often are.
    Yes, I am giving that a real thought as well.
    KAREN

Found another article on the baby. This article is dated October 2008.

Jean-Christophe Novelli Introduces Son Jean - Jean Christophe Novelli - Zimbio

French chef Jean-Christopher Novelli and his fiancee Michelle Kennedy introduced their baby son Jean Frank Patrick Kennedy Novelli, who was born on 29 August in Los Angeles, in this week’s Hello! Magazine. This is the first child for the couple but Jean-Christophe, 46, has a 21-year-old daughter Christina from a previous relationship.

Soooo, it appears they did indeed have the baby in August of 2008. Well, then this show had to have been filmed in late Spring 2008. How odd to have it running in the Fall of 2009.
    KAREN

Wow. They must have had a tough time getting the show on the air. Maybe?
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

FORT Fanatic

The credits at the end of shows go by so fast I don't normally read them. I wonder if it clearly stated it was taped so long ago.

I think it's rather sneaky. At least they should have had a 'where are they now' on the participants if it was that long ago.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

About allergies to seafoods, they can vary in degrees of severity. I am allergic to white fish and bivalves, but not shellfish; my reactions can be very severe, if I'm not careful. I've just learned to stay away from that stuff and, knowing my sensitivity, I would never touch ANY fish without gloves. Actually, I am very hesitant to even be around fish on the premises. I've been known to react to the presence of fresh fish stored in a freezer; I remember my mother deciding not to tell me that there was fresh fish in the freezer in the kitchen until I told her that "something is wrong" while having a conversation in the kitchen. When somebody starts reacting, I always take them seriously since I know it can be life-threatening. And all reactions are not immediate. And you never know when an allergy will crop up or change in its manifestations.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread