+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Chef Academy (Bravo) - Premieres Nov. 16th

Re: Chef Academy (Bravo) - Premieres Nov. 16th

I want to ask if I'm right about this....Suzanne was at the little dinner Novelli threw for Traci, right? And I distinctly remember those baked scallops being served at that dinner. If so....why did Suzanne's shellfish/fish allergy all of a sudden come up on the fish episode? And I don't doubt that that was the first time it came up because Novelli seemed really surprised to hear about it.

Anyone know much about food allergies? I've never heard of one that takes that long to come up. I think Suzanne was just looking for attention-everything she does seems to be toward that goal.
    Oh, my...I COMPLETELY forgot about that! You're right...if she had any kind of allergy, she would have said something that night. (And I'd bet that Novelli would have asked if there were any allergies ahead of time.)

I know quite a few folks with allergies, and I've never seen anyone take so long to react to an allergen. Almost 12 hrs??? What I noticed was that the typical allergic reaction symptoms were missing...no hives. No major swelling. No swollen tongue/closed throat.

I'm ready for both Suzanne and Sarah to be gone. They can leave with Kup. (I get that TPTB probably like the drama, but enough already...those three have enough drama for 3 shows!)

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Sarah is annoying me the most. That thing about being so afraid of boats was absolutely ridiculous! If she was that petrified, she wouldn't have gotten on the boat. And then, she was perfectly fine once she was on it? Even leaning over the edge to catch a fish? Give me a break!! Not to mention the fact that she looks like a guy wearing Liza Minelli make-up.

Sarah made an unbelieveable recovery from her water phobia. And I mean unbelievable.

Suzanne definitely had an allergy, I'm wondering if it's because she was prepping so much shrimp with the ink and the guts and stuff. (sorry!) Plus with her brother already having an allergy ... ?
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey

Her symptoms of her "allergy attack" were symptoms of an allergy to something airborne. I experience that sometimes, when everyone first turns the heat on in the fall. The stinging face, the puffy eyes, the swelling, all signs of an airborne allergy. Maybe she was just mistaken?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pretlitdev;3788770;
    I want to ask if I'm right about this....Suzanne was at the little dinner Novelli threw for Traci, right? And I distinctly remember those baked scallops being served at that dinner. If so....why did Suzanne's shellfish/fish allergy all of a sudden come up on the fish episode? And I don't doubt that that was the first time it came up because Novelli seemed really surprised to hear about it.

Anyone know much about food allergies? I've never heard of one that takes that long to come up. I think Suzanne was just looking for attention-everything she does seems to be toward that goal.
    Maybe she didn't eat the scallops. I don't know much about food allergies but perhaps the reaction took so long because it was not ingested. That is what happens with drugs. I would think it would be the same with shellfish.

I remember eating pistachio ice cream and I had a reaction within minutes. My faced just swelled up. It was really scary and I had to go to the doctor to get a quick steroid pack. Another time I took some vitamins on an empty stomach and again within minutes, I was feeling hot and could feel swelling in my legs arms and face and was was really scary in my nose and throat. I was thinking seriously about calling 911 when my mom gave me some tea and toast. The minute I started eating I could feel the symptoms go away. As for the delayed reaction Suzanne got that just seemed strange. When I went to the allergist to get tested the nurses put drops on my arms and back and came back in 15 minutes. I had hives to the items I was allergic to.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 01-07-2010 at 09:33 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

lol, right, i was sitting there wondering if there was no meat thermometers in the novelli kitchen.

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew;3788450;
    Maybe that's why no one can seem to cook beef or lamb (or any other protein) to the requested doneness.

i don't think that the allergy was to shellfish, but rather to the squid ink. but yeah, i think even that would cause a more immediate reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3788926;
    Oh, my...I COMPLETELY forgot about that! You're right...if she had any kind of allergy, she would have said something that night. (And I'd bet that Novelli would have asked if there were any allergies ahead of time.)

I know quite a few folks with allergies, and I've never seen anyone take so long to react to an allergen. Almost 12 hrs??? What I noticed was that the typical allergic reaction symptoms were missing...no hives. No major swelling. No swollen tongue/closed throat.

I'm ready for both Suzanne and Sarah to be gone. They can leave with Kup. (I get that TPTB probably like the drama, but enough already...those three have enough drama for 3 shows!)

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3789831;
    i don't think that the allergy was to shellfish, but rather to the squid ink. but yeah, i think even that would cause a more immediate reaction.
    Ya, I bet that was what it was from as she was cleaning squid all day after everyone left on the boat trip and she went back to the Academy.
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3790169;
    Ya, I bet that was what it was from as she was cleaning squid all day after everyone left on the boat trip and she went back to the Academy.
    Why in the world was she cleaning the squid with her bare hands and not wearing plastic gloves? That was so idiotic.

+ Reply to Thread