+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Chef Academy (Bravo) - Premieres Nov. 16th

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Chef Academy (Bravo) - Premieres Nov. 16th

I almost missed the second episode too because my DVR is set up to pick up the new episodes and that one was not marked "new"! Do they want us to watch or not?

Also, they showed a preview of the last one and it showed who would be left. Way to blow it!

I HATE, absolutely hate Kup the most out of everyone. When he got "Novelli Academy" tattooed on his back; that was too much for me. WTH? Complete suck up. One of the most insecure people ever.

The other person I cannot stand is Sarah. Needy, needy, needy. Another insecure person big time. I hope both these people leave soon.

FORT Fogey

I'm so sick of tattoos on reality shows. On every "....of Love" show someone gets a tattoo, on most VH1 shows, it's just stupid.

Know what this show reminds me of? It reminds me of a schoolyard game in which the leader makes up new rules as the game goes along, so the players never really know where they stand. It's not cute. It's obnoxious when kids do it and it's more obnoxious when a world-renowned chef and instructor does it.

Also, unless they're editing out a lot of the instruction about technique, I don't know what these cooks are learning besides reproducing Novelli's dishes. If I were going to cooking school, I'd want to learn techniques that I can use to create my own delicious dishes.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebotco;3788392;
    Also, unless they're editing out a lot of the instruction about technique, I don't know what these cooks are learning besides reproducing Novelli's dishes.

Maybe that's why no one can seem to cook beef or lamb (or any other protein) to the requested doneness.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Yes, the show does seem rather elementary when you are watching the likes of Top Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Iron Chef. They are always taking notes...but then again most of the other shows, many/most of their contestants are already trained and have been to culinary school.

I can't stand the drama, Sarah not getting on the boat. Suzanne having allergies to boats/water and then getting the shellfish reaction. Everytime they show Kup, he is complaining horribly and such a WHINER.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I totally hate Kup. What a jerk! And poor Zoe. She has 2 fails even though she has only failed once! The blonde lady with the makeup has failed 3 times already, correct? And yet she is in the same category with Zoe. And didn't Leo fail twice as well? I wish Novelli would play fewer games! I want to see some people kicked off! I love this show though! It is about learning. The other shows aren't really like this.

FORT Fan

I want to ask if I'm right about this....Suzanne was at the little dinner Novelli threw for Traci, right? And I distinctly remember those baked scallops being served at that dinner. If so....why did Suzanne's shellfish/fish allergy all of a sudden come up on the fish episode? And I don't doubt that that was the first time it came up because Novelli seemed really surprised to hear about it.

Anyone know much about food allergies? I've never heard of one that takes that long to come up. I think Suzanne was just looking for attention-everything she does seems to be toward that goal.

FORT Fogey

momrek - the difference is simply that these chefs are at a culinary school, so of course they'll be taking notes because they're there to learn things. In Top Chef and Iron Chef especially, they're expected to know certain things, and they are not allowed on the show unless they've proven themselves in the food world, especially on Iron Chef.

In a regular cooking school, you replicate the head chef's dishes, but the chef uses dishes that use the type of techniques you should be learning at the time. By the time you get to culinary school, though, you're expected to have basic skills usually.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;3788774;
    momrek - the difference is simply that these chefs are at a culinary school, so of course they'll be taking notes because they're there to learn things. In Top Chef and Iron Chef especially, they're expected to know certain things, and they are not allowed on the show unless they've proven themselves in the food world, especially on Iron Chef.

In a regular cooking school, you replicate the head chef's dishes, but the chef uses dishes that use the type of techniques you should be learning at the time. By the time you get to culinary school, though, you're expected to have basic skills usually.
    Thanks, sweetie!!

I will continue to watch, I am actually enjoying it just wish a little less drama...although I am hoping the Chef's wife has her baby before the season ends!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread