+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Sex Rehab With Dr. Drew

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Dr Drew and Celebrity Sex Addiction Rehab

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3759777;
    I totally agree with you J.D. On what planet is saying you want to rape someone flirting and not a threat of violence? And did you also notice how he is freaked out because she said she would cut a vital part of his anatomy, but missed the part where she said "... if he tried to rape me."
    Yes, he sure turned into a victim in a hurry. I don't think I'll be watching this show again.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3759481;
    Comingling is really dangerous. Even in drug treatment it's fraught with peril. And in my experience it's really bad when you get women in there with multiple issues who know how to cope by using their sexuality or who get attention with their sexuality. And, sadly, that's the reality of many women addicts.

And it gets trickier because if you do short treatments like Dr. Drew does on his shows you don't really want to even open up some of those areas like rape and molestation because you just open it up and send people away and you are setting them up for a relapse. Which is why these short treatments don't do people much justice especially seriously addicted people with other issues. You can't even start to tackle them. And he detoxes while they're in treatment and you can't do good treatment if you're detoxing either. So depending on the drug some of these people never actually get any good solid treatment into them.

Granted with this batch the detoxing isn't the same. Most sex addicts going to 12 step meetings as well and don't comingle with the gender they prefer to be with as it is setting them up for relapse. And when looking for sponsors and good friends they start with the people they're not sexually attracted too. Amber's going to have a hard time because her issue isn't sexual. It's stalking so her problem doesn't even really belong in this treatment setting in general but in some serious one on one therapy.
    I had no idea Amber was arrested for stalking. Did she mention it on the show? I've missed a couple of minutes here and there, I must have missed some intake information abouyt her as well as one on ones she's had with Dr. Drew, I know she said she would go out to get a quick glimpse of a man who reminded her of her dad and if she smiled at her she was high for the day and if he didn't she'd go home and crawl into bed. is there something I missed? i know she also used the term `boy hunting' or hunting for boys-but that's a term that's pretty popular where I live- and has nothing to do with stalking so much as hooking up. She also talked about a series of one night stands as well as the pain that caused her because they never call back. She talked about repeating this behavior because it reenforces her self loathing and her belief she's only good for sex. Not love or respect but simply sex. Certainly when she was on sober house her behavior at a party she attended was to me, at least the behavior of a classic sex addcit-she had a one night stand in order to blunt the despair and discomfort she was feeling in that setting.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3760029;
    I had no idea Amber was arrested for stalking. Did she mention it on the show? I've missed a couple of minutes here and there, I must have missed some intake information abouyt her as well as one on ones she's had with Dr. Drew, I know she said she would go out to get a quick glimpse of a man who reminded her of her dad and if she smiled at her she was high for the day and if he didn't she'd go home and crawl into bed. is there something I missed? i know she also used the term `boy hunting' or hunting for boys-but that's a term that's pretty popular where I live- and has nothing to do with stalking so much as hooking up. She also talked about a series of one night stands as well as the pain that caused her because they never call back. She talked about repeating this behavior because it reenforces her self loathing and her belief she's only good for sex. Not love or respect but simply sex. Certainly when she was on sober house her behavior at a party she attended was to me, at least the behavior of a classic sex addcit-she had a one night stand in order to blunt the despair and discomfort she was feeling in that setting.
    I never said she was arrested for it but she had stated on Oprah at least that her thing isn't sex but stalking the same men repeatedly for years. She stated she was unable to let go of her fantasy world with them. That she would repeatedly approach them even after the relationship was over etc. She clearly stated her issue was stalking (although she used words to couch what it really was) and not sex.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3759651;
    Am I the only one who is totally pissed off that James got away with saying what he did? How is it acceptable to say you want to rape the s*** out of someone - and that someone gets blamed because she didn't have the right boundaries? Does she have to say specifically that she doesn't want him to rape her? Just wondering in case I have to put anyone on notice.
    I am REALLY bothered that more action was not taken on this statement in the treatment program (I use "treatment" really loosely). I think that was so inappropriate to say it was simply a boundary issue with her and now that the boundary is established we can all move on. He said it. It was grossly inappropriate. It wasn't even remotely funny or cute or whatever. I don't know how he can justify it even if they did joke around like that. And now you have the "peacekeepers" like Phil trying to smooth it over etc.

And now he's the victim on top of it. I agree with that statement too. He went from telling a girl he wanted to rape her to freaking out about her poisoning him when she didn't even said anything like that.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3760064;
    I am REALLY bothered that more action was not taken on this statement in the treatment program (I use "treatment" really loosely). I think that was so inappropriate to say it was simply a boundary issue with her and now that the boundary is established we can all move on. He said it. It was grossly inappropriate. It wasn't even remotely funny or cute or whatever. I don't know how he can justify it even if they did joke around like that. And now you have the "peacekeepers" like Phil trying to smooth it over etc.

And now he's the victim on top of it. I agree with that statement too. He went from telling a girl he wanted to rape her to freaking out about her poisoning him when she didn't even said anything like that.
    Like everyone else in the program, James has some SERIOUS issues, and frankly, he gives me the creeps! Not a lot of time has been focused on him, but all of his anti-social behavior and his refusal to participate with the others, and the weird or mean or creepy stuff that he DOES say, and his evil smile, just adds up to one screwed up guy. Yeah, I think what he said was despicable, and I don't for a minute, believe that he was trying to do anything positive by it. I think it was just more of mean, demented James. And my guess (hope) is that the group DID deal with it, but just didn't give it the camera time it deserved.

FORT Fogey

It has been obvious that James is not participating much in this program....add in that we have not seen him as part of the Dr Drew TV tour lately. I am wondering if he dropped out once he saw himself as the victim . His fear that she would poison his food came out of nowhere and would be a apt reason ( for him) to leave. Curious how this all plays out

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3760068;
    Like everyone else in the program, James has some SERIOUS issues, and frankly, he gives me the creeps! Not a lot of time has been focused on him, but all of his anti-social behavior and his refusal to participate with the others, and the weird or mean or creepy stuff that he DOES say, and his evil smile, just adds up to one screwed up guy. Yeah, I think what he said was despicable, and I don't for a minute, believe that he was trying to do anything positive by it. I think it was just more of mean, demented James. And my guess (hope) is that the group DID deal with it, but just didn't give it the camera time it deserved.
    I don't think James is "mean" or "evil." I think he's just not the brightest guy. Not at all excusing his behavior, but I think he's operating on a much lower intellegence level than others. What he said was truly reprehensible, and the sad thing is that he probably won't ever "get" it. I, also, think there's something "there" with his hearing problems that they've brought up on occassion. It seems to really be affecting his social skills. Again, not trying to excuse the guy. He has some major problems.

Someone mentioned Phil being a "peacekeeper." I don't think he was doing anything wrong. I don't believe he was trying to "smooth it over." He seems to be a good guy, and I think he knows James isn't the brightest bulb, and I think he was concerned for him, but not at all excusing James behavior. I'm not a therapist, but that's my opinion.

old cow

WoW! I need to catch up on the episodes. Being away for the thanxsgiving holidays i had to tape alot of the episodes i miss.

But i must say i am a bit confused by the word "celebrity" in the title. I havent heard of ANY of these guys on this show! who the flip are these people?!

Also i must admit i wasnt even really interested in this show until a few weeks ago i was flipping thru the channels and came across this show and they were having a session where the "celebrities" were throwing paints, vases, and such at a cloth covered wall and venting their frustrations. When this one dude said he was mad when "straight guys complained when they ejaculated" OMG i almost DIED! (sorry dont remember the people's names yet)

So yea just on that one line and now im hooked I'll catch up with the episodes ive missed and see if i cant jump in somewhere.......

Quote Originally Posted by raisinthesun;3760293;
    But i must say i am a bit confused by the word "celebrity" in the title. I havent heard of ANY of these guys on this show! who the flip are these people?!
    The show is actually called Sex Rehab with Dr. Drew. VH1 isn't even trying to pretend they are celebs this time around, lol.

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Yeah, I wonder if a mod can edit that.
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

+ Reply to Thread