+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sex Rehab With Dr. Drew

FORT Fogey

Re: Dr Drew and Celebrity Sex Addiction Rehab

causingchaos - I didn't mean for my previous comment of, "Okay - I get it, " to sound snippy. I realized it kind of reads that way, but that's not how I meant it. You probably didn't think anything of it, but just in case, I wanted to clarify.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

I just want to mention that while we all pretty much agree that Amber hasn't progressed very far in her "sex" (romance) addiction, she DID stop drinking successfully - and that's a huge accomplishment! The woman has a lot of issues and is really seriously disturbed -- and frankly, just from listening to that mother of hers --- you can really see why. On Oprah's show, Amber referred to her dad leaving when she was three years old, but she didn't mention her mother, who pimped her out for drugs all the years she was growing up. Her mother basically lived off of Amber and encouraged her drinking and whoring, so that Amber would provide her mother's supply of drugs. (Her mother was on quite a few of the Dr. Drew addiction shows, and even allowed Dr. Drew to try to help her cure her own addiction --- don't know if it was successful though.)

FORT Fogey

Joy Beher had Drew, Phil and the lovely black model on last night. I am guessing it was a repeat since it was part of a marathon. The woman looked so gorgeous, and had a fabulous positive attitude. She said that she is doing well . It is funny that we could almost tell who had bought into the program even early on in the show. So far we have not seen anything of the surfer, Karrie Anne or Lukus's mate. None of those three seemed that committed during the show so perhaps they didn't have the same success as those people that we have been seeing. Although Amber is doing the shows also, I think it is to be on TV ...this apparently is her new second career.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3758219;
    So far we have not seen anything of the surfer, Karrie Anne or Lukus's mate. None of those three seemed that committed during the show so perhaps they didn't have the same success as those people that we have been seeing.
    Kari Ann was on the Howard Stern show. (I don't have SIRIUS radio, but I watched the segment on Howard TV On Demand). She presented herself so differently (of course). She was really calm, sweet, and innocent-acting. She mentioned one of the nurses allegedly hit her, and was fired. I've been wondering if her altercations with Selma (?), who I think is a Tech, escalated. Though I doubt she would "hit" Kari Ann. Wonder if they will show anything remotely close to that on the show?

FORT Fogey

But apparently she isn't part of the Dr Drew "tour" so I wonder how successful her rehab was.

Long time lurker

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3758219;
    Joy Beher had Drew, Phil and the lovely black model on last night. I am guessing it was a repeat since it was part of a marathon. The woman looked so gorgeous, and had a fabulous positive attitude. She said that she is doing well . It is funny that we could almost tell who had bought into the program even early on in the show. So far we have not seen anything of the surfer, Karrie Anne or Lukus's mate. None of those three seemed that committed during the show so perhaps they didn't have the same success as those people that we have been seeing. Although Amber is doing the shows also, I think it is to be on TV ...this apparently is her new second career.
    Kendra was on The Tyra Banks Show, along with Phil, Jennie and Amber. I felt bad for Amber. She mentioned how upsetting it was to be on Tyra's show because they were contemporaries. Tyra said they used to walk the catwalk together back in the day. Amber said that it's upsetting because her life has gone in such a different direction than Tyra's and that she wonders what she did with her life.

FORT Fogey

Tyra's mother and Amber's mother....what differences in the two women and the support each provided for her daughter.

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3758279;
    Tyra's mother and Amber's mother....what differences in the two women and the support each provided for her daughter.
    Yeah, Amber's mother is in a totally different universe from most mothers! The woman is a TOTAL NIGHTMARE!!!

I caught the show today and half heartedly watched. I saw Phil's numerous comments about Amber and still hold to that would be a toxic relationship for the two of them. It would feed directly into both of their addictions.

I also think the rape comment was awful and unjustifiable. Who tells someone with a history of sexual abuse/rape that they would like to rape them and expects it to give them the warm fuzzies. That's just sick.

And I still think Rebbeca the trainer is wrong too. When that director was talking about perving out to her he's right.

I honestly don't see Amber as making a career out of these shows. I see her as a seriously screwed up woman who has so many addictive behaviors that she can't find a way to let go of one without sinking further into another. She has that mom of hers who even as she was sending her out to sex rehab on day one was advising her to wear something that Amber herself described as making her look like a hooker. She's got some of the worse daddy issues you've ever seen. Seems like she's built up this fantasy in her mind that if daddy had stayed around her horrid mom would not have had the type of impact that she had on her. The woman is a substance abusing, alcoholic, co dependent sex addict. Give the average person just one of those things to overcome and it may take a year or it may never happen. Give a person that litany of addictions and it's going to take more than what these tv shows have to offer her. Somewhere in there she has to find her self worth. That's something that she lacks more than any of the others I've ever seen on these shows. It's sad to watch actually. She seems to have a genuinely low opinion of herself. We rarely, if ever, get a glimpse of actual self esteem from her.

+ Reply to Thread