+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Sex Rehab With Dr. Drew

FORT Fogey

Re: Sex Rehab With Dr. Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3767780;
    I agree with you, daiseyo. Selma definitely provoked Kari Ann leading up to "The Incident." I do feel though that Kari Ann had been provoking Selma for weeks. She'd been so calm in dealing with Kari Ann all that time. I have to think the frustration/anger was building in her that whole time and just finally came out in that one event. I know I'd have a hard time dealing with KA's b.s.

I feel sad for Kari Ann, based on what she revealed about her past abuse, but it doesn't feel to me like she's ready for recovery yet. A huge percentage of her behavior is probably a cry for help, but I don't think she's to the point where anyone can help her.
    Critical - Well said on everything. And I agree that Kari Ann had been provoking Selma for weeks, as well. (Actually, I think she had been provoking everyone at the Center). I don't know why, but the whole incident really shook me. It seemed so violent, to me. I agree with what Dr. Drew said, too, about how the incident will likely push Kari Ann further backwards, as those are the type of interactions she has had all of her life. And this happened from someone who was supposedly in a role of helping her. I don't think I would have the patience to deal with Kari Ann, but I'm also not in a role of professionally helping her. I hope they can somehow do a better screening of the individuals they employ. Unfortunately, I've heard these kind of incidents aren't all that uncommon. I've heard that Tech positions similar to the one Selma was in are not that high-paying, and that seems to be part of the problem (from what I was told). Sad, and frustrating to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3767844;
    Critical - Well said on everything. And I agree that Kari Ann had been provoking Selma for weeks, as well. (Actually, I think she had been provoking everyone at the Center). I don't know why, but the whole incident really shook me. It seemed so violent, to me. I agree with what Dr. Drew said, too, about how the incident will likely push Kari Ann further backwards, as those are the type of interactions she has had all of her life. And this happened from someone who was supposedly in a role of helping her. I don't think I would have the patience to deal with Kari Ann, but I'm also not in a role of professionally helping her. I hope they can somehow do a better screening of the individuals they employ. Unfortunately, I've heard these kind of incidents aren't all that uncommon. I've heard that Tech positions similar to the one Selma was in are not that high-paying, and that seems to be part of the problem (from what I was told). Sad, and frustrating to hear.
    Tech positions are usually filled with uneducated people making just barely above minimum wage (same group work those that usually work group home jobs here). Since the turn over is so high in most places the inside joke is that all you need to be is 18 with a pulse and able to pass a background check. It's sad but true. We put society's most vulnerable in the care of people who sometimes can barely keep their stuff together.

I worked with a client who was all reactive attachment disorder and watched a his bipolar, unmedicated direct care staff attack him one day. The client's family wouldn't press charges, the county wouldn't sanction the home after it was reported as abuse and the boss (who happened to be the staff's brother in law) wouldn't fire the chick. All because it was too hard to find more people to care for people.

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3767844;
    You nailed it Daiseyo!

I completely missed last weeks episode, but Kari Anne's behavior when she was being thrown out was just disgusting. She seems to have decided she is a little princess and the world was populated with other people only so those people can cater to her demands. ick!

Dr Drew arranged for her to get treatment somewhere else, but of course she didn't wan to do that if it meant not being on TV

good riddance

Let the Wild Rumpus begin JustJuls's Avatar

Glad she is gone!!! Now they can focus on people who really do want to be helped!!!!!
    When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, the World will know Peace

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by JustJuls;3768390;
    Glad she is gone!!! Now they can focus on people who really do want to be helped!!!!!
    Well thats the damn problem with this show; there is no time left! Only one episode left and thats gonna be a saying goodbye episode. This entire season was spent on K.A. and her problems and we didnt get any real focus or attention on anyone else. Yea I'm happy she's gone too but to wait until the next to the last episode to do it is just wrong.

It seemed like the show didn't really show much actual therapy.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Idea for a new show:

Sex, Drugs & Dr. Drew

And please let it air every week forever. Anyone else in?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3768573;
    Idea for a new show:

Sex, Drugs & Dr. Drew

And please let it air every week forever. Anyone else in?
    "But...but...Dr. Drew isn't even a real doctor...he's a tv doctor..." (says Kari Ann)

old cow

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3768612;
    "But...but...Dr. Drew isn't even a real doctor...he's a tv doctor..." (says Kari Ann)
    That was funny and kinda sad, desperate attempt on K.A.'s part to retrieve some of her dignity. If she wasnt such a B*#!H i would really feel have sympathy for her.

+ Reply to Thread