+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kirstie Alley's Big Life (A&E)

Kirstie Alley's Big Life (A&E)

Kirstie Alley reality show coming in 2010
    November 3, 2009 3:51 p.m. EST

(CNN) -- Kirstie Alley has always had a public battle with her weight, but next year, the actress will get real in a new way: in a reality television show on A&E.

The network has ordered 10 half-hour episodes of the as-yet-unnamed series that will open the once-private doors of the Emmy-winning actress's life, A&E announced Tuesday.

The reality series is scheduled to air in 2010 and will be produced by FremantleMedia, the hit-making minds behind "American Idol."

Over the 10 episodes, cameras will trail Alley as she juggles producing a feature film, sticking to a new weight-loss program and raising her two daughters True and Lillie, all while looking for love.

Although it's the first time Alley has laid her personal life bare on reality television, it's not the first time she's exposed her weighty issues to the world. She was a Jenny Craig spokeswoman for three years until 2007, dropping 75 pounds along the way. The actress stripped down to a bikini and a sarong to show off her success on "Oprah" in 2006.

Two years after she left the weight-loss company, Alley had regained the 75 pounds she lost, plus an additional 10. "I just sort of went wild," the actress admitted to People magazine in May.

She also starred in the Showtime mockumentary series "Fat Actress" in 2005, playing a character based on herself (and named "Kirstie Alley").

Alley's frankness caught A&E's attention, said an executive for the network.

"Kirstie is exactly the kind of star A&E is drawn to," Robert Sharenow, A&E's senior vice president for nonfiction and alternative programming, said in a statement.

"She is a multifaceted talent who connects with our audience on so many levels," he added. "Her personal life has been playing out in the media for years, but this will be the first time she'll be opening up her home to reveal her real life for the cameras."
    Link

Re: Kirstie Alley Reality Show Coming In 2010

I am glad I seldom watch A&E any more. All I can say is please cancel.
    There's no place like home!

Ah, Celebrity Ruby. What's the matter didn't VH1 want her on Celebrity Fit Club?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3742740;
    Ah, Celebrity Ruby. What's the matter didn't VH1 want her on Celebrity Fit Club?
    I think Kirstie Alley's a pistol, and always fun to watch. I don't think her reality show will be any worse than any of the other reality shows that have been on TV, and probably a whole lot better. For me, part of the fun is being able to get a peek into the lives (staged or not) of people I'd never otherwise get to see --- and it's often fascinating, even if I don't particularly care for the celebrity him/herself. Some of these folks are real boring and disappointing (e.g. Anna Nicole Smith (may she RIP) and the new "Girls" Next Door), but some turn out, surprisingly, to be very likeable and fun to follow in their daily goings on. And speaking of Ruby --- there's an example of someone who's not particularly interesting, and yet I really enjoy watching her interact with the folks in her life, and I'm cheering her on, in her fight to lose the weight.

I have always loved Kirstie Alley, I think she is fun to watch, and I will certainly be watching and rooting for her to find happiness with HERSELF, and her life. She has struggled for many years with her weight and she seems like such an "ordinary" person that it will be fun to sit back and "hang out" with the craziness in her life...

I'll definitely check this out, have always liked to watch her.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I wonder about two things:

1) How forthcoming will she be about her membership in Scientology? They don't usually like to allow access to outsiders on this big a scale.

2) Will her alleged real life end up looking even more bizarre than "Fat Actress"?

I will definitely be watching.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Can't be any worse than the Lohan one.

I won't watch it because I find the whole thing uncomfortable and I have no doubt it will be painful and exploitative and I'll just pass. I wish her success though in her weight loss, it's worse to yo-yo than to just stay overweight.

I'll check the forum to see what you all have to say about it once it airs, oftentimes you guys drag me into a show that I had no intention of watching just by your comments.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1;3743171;
    I think Kirstie Alley's a pistol, and always fun to watch. I don't think her reality show will be any worse than any of the other reality shows that have been on TV, and probably a whole lot better. For me, part of the fun is being able to get a peek into the lives (staged or not) of people I'd never otherwise get to see --- and it's often fascinating, even if I don't particularly care for the celebrity him/herself. Some of these folks are real boring and disappointing (e.g. Anna Nicole Smith (may she RIP) and the new "Girls" Next Door), but some turn out, surprisingly, to be very likeable and fun to follow in their daily goings on. And speaking of Ruby --- there's an example of someone who's not particularly interesting, and yet I really enjoy watching her interact with the folks in her life, and I'm cheering her on, in her fight to lose the weight.
    My thoughts, too! With Kirstie, I keep going back and forth. Sometimes I like her, other times I don't. I have a feeling I'll like her again after seeing more of her on the show. I have a feeling it will be a decent show.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

This show sounds like it will be a season 2 of Fat Actress. I don't get it. And I'll only watch it if Kid Rock is the object of her affection - again. (I have to admit that was funny.)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast