+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Kirstie Alley's Big Life (A&E)

Re: Kirstie Alley's Big Life (A&E)

I love this show. I think she makes cracks at herself too much, but I guess that's the premise of the show. I think she was truly touched at her birthday party. It didn't hurt that John Travolta was on the screen, either.

Re: Kirstie Alley Reality Show Coming In 2010

Quote Originally Posted by daiseyo;3866168;
    Kirstie has a less formal, more casual and friendly relationship with her "team." I didn't see anything wrong with Jim asking Kirstie's son to help.
    The boundaries do seem to be blurred quite a bit. I'm old fashioned about work boundaries I guess. What if the kid were hurt, etc.

Overall though the show itself seems like it could be entertaining. She does live a big, 'crazy' life. (Anyone followed her tweets in the past? )

FORT Regular

Re: Kirstie Alley Reality Show Coming In 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Giggity22;3863606;
    David Spade and Rob Schneider have been acting since the early 90s and been in tons and tons of movies. That doesnt exactly make one a huge star.
    I honestly was asking. The only movie I can ever remember her being in were the talking baby ones. I also know she was on Cheers.

She was also in "Drop Dead Gorgeous" with Kirsten Dunst, Ellen Barkin and Amy Adams, among others. That movie was hilarious! I love Kirstie Alley - she was great on cheers.

My favorite Kirstie movie has to be the one where all those guests kept coming, and their house was ruined? She was just right for the part.

Hmm come to think of it, it's not that different from this show!

She was also in Star Trek as a Klingon btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3868330;
    My favorite Kirstie movie has to be the one where all those guests kept coming, and their house was ruined? She was just right for the part.

Hmm come to think of it, it's not that different from this show!

She was also in Star Trek as a Klingon btw.
    Nope. She was a Vulcan, Saavik, in Star Trek II. She turned down the part in III.

There's something very sweet and vulnerable about her, and it's sad to see her so critical of herself. I want to reach through the screen and say, "You're good enough just the way you are!" I can understand wanting to lose weight for health reasons, but to go through emotional distress because you don't fit beauty standards -- and to hear people piling on the judgment -- seems an unnecessary cruelty.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Allie;3868350;
    Nope. She was a Vulcan, Saavik, in Star Trek II. She turned down the part in III.
    I meant Vulcan. Honest I did. Pointy-eared folk? Not the warlike ones with wrinkled foreheads.

Gettin' old.

Kirstie has charisma (sp). I like her show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345